Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why is it so fast?

I really have no idea why Christmas passes by like lightning speed. I wait and wait for Christmas to come each year and then it comes and goes so fast that I have to stop and think if it really happened. Most people make New Year's Resolutions, I make Christmas Resolutions ie... next year, I am going to get all my shopping done in October, do a Christmas Craft every day with my kids, make treats for the entire neighborhood, write thoughtful notes to people I love, etc. etc. But just like any resolutions I make I usually forget about them the next day and move on with my life so Christmas will always just leave me with the question, "why does it pass so fast?"

One may ask what a Bracken Family does for Christmas???? I can tell you that it is not laying around sipping hot chocolate (all though that sounds like great fun) we make it a personal mission to hit every Christmas Party in UT and NV and drag our kids to all of them and then get frustrated when they act tired. "Come on kids, pick up the pace it's Christmas Time"! "Make sure you smile at everyone and thank everyone for everything." Doesn't Christmas sound fun????

That was a bit harsh.... we had an excellent Christmas Season and my kids were perfect angels... well maybe perfect shepherds!!

Christmas is about holiday cheer and a little romance. These sweaters (sweatshirts) borrowed from an unknown source stirred up the romance let me tell you? Puffy paint on your man's sweatshirt........exciting, wahoo!

Grandpa Don and Grandma Cherri have 23 grandchildren most under the age of 8. This is what it looks like in a room as they anxiously await their presents.

This is what it looks like when Jake gets exactly what he always wanted. Good things come to those who wait, right???

Moving South to Cedar City we stopped in for Nana Jean's and Grandpa Delon's Christmas EVE's Eve's Party. Nana I don't know what you are telling my children but they looked scared and Braden has reverted back to infant stage in that bouncer and does this picture look very Christmasy????

These next few pictures need no explanation every mother who blogs will explain the rest of these.... Christmas jammies, Christmas morning, the line up, favorite toys, the excitement and anticipation (just imagine I wrote something whitty and funny about the next few pics and then read another Christmas morning blog for the details (I am running a little late)!






I must interject, my husband did not get this for Christmas....his brother-in-law Ian did. My husband really wants one, and was not as happy with his electric drill that he got instead. For New Years he ordered some blow up ammunition things... do you think he is trying to prove a point that I should consult him for next years gift????? Sorry Rand, next time when you tell me you want an assault rifle for Christmas I will take you more seriously. Do they sell them at Wal Mart?

Grandpa Bracken took Braden out to the store to have some real fun on his "fast car wheeler"! He rode up and down all of the aisles chasing the cousins and Jakey. BMan had been asking for this every single day so we were really happy that Santa heard.

What's Christmas without a little rock band? Just glad the band was all together! Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Riss said...

Looks like you had fun. I think it goes by too quickly too. It takes so much time and work to get there and then it's over in like a day. Bummer!

Riss said...

I forgot to ask you why you are wearing those sweaters. Bust!

Rosalyn said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! My friends did an "ugly sweater" party in Washington, but I missed it. I was bummed. You look Great! What is your secret. do tell.

Hughes Bunch said...

Looks like a fun Christmas. Hey I just wanted to let you know that I added you to my blog so I could see your cute blog and all the funny updates you put. Your super fun and am going to miss seeing your little family!

Riss said...

I responded to the comment you left me. Go back to my blog and see what it is. I don't know why I didn't do it here. Idiots rule!