Welcome to the Rand and Shemri School of Spring Break!
Subject 1, Day 1 - Gun Safety and ethics - along with a little bit of Botany (never stand too close to a bush with thorns). Braden calls this a thumbs up bush and he can spot them from miles.
Subject 2, Day 1 - Colors and Science - Show them a picture or let them experience magic in the sky first hand.
Subject 3, Day 2 - Architecture, Physics and Human Anatomy - The adventure Dome in Vegas is the perfect atmosphere for learning "hands on". (I also taught moral ethics while in Vegas) We could call this Subject 4, Day 2 - Seminary!
Subject 5, Day 3 - Geology, meteorology and auto shop. Valley of Fire was the perfect place to present my children new textures, smells and excitement. We brought Grandma and Grandpa in as guest lecturers and tapped the wealth of knowledge they hold.
While Jake is displaying perfect safety with his helmet and goggles we see that we have a ruff neck little Bray Man who opts instead for a simple pair of shades, spiky hair and relaxed crossed legs.
- Good thing we didn't have to teach Subject 6 - First Aide!
Subject 7 - Day 3 Weight Training - need I say more? Such manly men indeed!
Subject 8 - Day 3 Photography - Rand get's a Failing Grade in this subject - The rule of thumb is when Shem has not showered pictures will not be taken. This rule can never be broken.
Subject 9 - Day 4 - Science - Trees, rocks, water, weather, dirt, etc., etc., Science is everywhere and we even built a dam in the nearby creek to prove a few theories of our own. The only theory it proved to me is that Rand is still a kid!
These little beauties were everywhere I was fascinated! I think Jake counted over 20 nests of these weird globs of caterpillars and spider webs. (That description was pretty scientific right?) As we looked and analyzed each one of these they started to become not so neat and a little grosser to me.
Subject 10 - Day 5 (Mandatory Rest Day) Homemaking - I put these cute little boys to work, doing laundry, helping cook and cleaning rooms. (This was one of my favorite subjects, I can't wait until the day when I can make these little guys clean the toilets). He He He (This is an evil witch laugh I might add). I also make cookies and played games with my cute little kiddos this day. He He He (This is my Glenda the good witch laugh).
Subject 11 - Day 6 (PE) Hiking all day in Zions -forgot the camera! Get pictures from Brooke later.
As you can see my children continued to be educated and that is why I feel that your children can miss more days per year than the school district does. I am tired of getting those little notes that say your child has missed to many days. I am also tired of Jake saying, "mom I am never going to get a doughnut for being in school every day, am I?"
Last but not least! A sign that Spring Break was fun and successful???? A bruise from a cactus right above a pretty nice black and blue swollen ankle. Wow, can't wait until next year!
4 comments:
I love it! Seriously, "school" should never get in the way of a child's education. Tell Jake and Braden to come down to my house and I'll give them donuts for being such happy boys!
p.s. I have never seen a car seat on a Rhino before-so awesome! Go Braden!
Shem, I love how you present stuff!!!! Good job. By the way, I want the Easter pictures please.
Looks like you guys had tons of fun. We missed ya at the Swell. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is getting notes home saying my kids have missed too much school. The way I see it, they are my kids and what I say goes. What do you think the govt. thinks about that?
Such a fun Spring Break!
Post a Comment