The girls will play!
Lucky for me however, reality... I would have to say is pretty ok! Mother's Day weekend brought with it the annual Father and Sons Outing. So Rand rounded up the boys and headed to Warm Springs. Side Note....For many years my cousins lived in Moapa and every Easter we would join them at warm springs. It is now run by the church and the old mansion of Howard Hughes still sits on the property. I am sure it was a party palace back in the day!
Rand packed the essentials for the outing.... soda, candy, chocolate, cookies, chips, jerky and trail mix. I am almost positive the things I packed, like... extra clothes, wipes, toothpaste and toothbrushes were not even opened. This was evident to me by the way they came home perfectly packed the way I sent them in the same zippered pockets of the suitcase. This bit of evidence tells me my packing "essentials" never even made it out of the truck. I sent extra clothes and underwear and both boys came home with bed head, stinky breath, wearing the same clothes they left in. The only thing extra they came home with that i did not send was two huge smiles on both of their darling dirty faces.
Mother's Day Weekend is a time when a mom can sit back, do nothing but relax, bask in motherhood and appreciate the wonderfulness (is this a word) of being a mom. On this day kids don't cry they don't whine and heaven forbid they need meals fixed. Husbands are attentive and the household runs in perfect harmony. Whoa! I was having a little day dream now back to reality.
Rand packed the essentials for the outing.... soda, candy, chocolate, cookies, chips, jerky and trail mix. I am almost positive the things I packed, like... extra clothes, wipes, toothpaste and toothbrushes were not even opened. This was evident to me by the way they came home perfectly packed the way I sent them in the same zippered pockets of the suitcase. This bit of evidence tells me my packing "essentials" never even made it out of the truck. I sent extra clothes and underwear and both boys came home with bed head, stinky breath, wearing the same clothes they left in. The only thing extra they came home with that i did not send was two huge smiles on both of their darling dirty faces.
So with all my men gone what was I to do? My friend had asked me to come and hang out with her so I packed Miss Layla up and headed out for a girls night! A girls night which turned into a surprise baby shower where we had lots of good conversations with people I love, yummy food and lots and lots of presents. Thank you Tammy and Jill for "surprising" me! Thanks to all my friends for coming on short notice. Life is great when you have super people around you!
Layla was the bell of the ball and gracefully accepted many loves and kisses. She was on her best behavior and did not spit up, grunt or pass gas the entire time. "Such a little lady"! I realized that I better take advantage of Layla wanting to hang out with me (even if it is in a comatose state of slumber) because knowing my boys they will have her out in the mountains in no time teasing here for being too "girly"!
Miss Layla and a few of her many treasures. I have planned out her outfits for a month. So much fun!
I think the guys say, "mom is great but mom is gone, we're with dad and he's the bomb"!
My manly men ready to roll!
7 comments:
I loved Moapa. I can remember the guys going out shooting the clay pigeons. There was a lot of testosterone flying that weekend. Oh, and all the little creatures. Fun times... I think, I might even have a picture from the reunion. Glad you got a weekend of fun as well.
You must be in heaven!
Yeah, that looks like a cushy place to camp for sure! Glad they had fun, and so nice that your friends surprised you. Love all that pink stuff. Isn't it fun?
My boys got soaked and not in a hot spring. It rained like crazy on them for the Father and son's. I was nice and dry in my house with my girls painting piggies, eating yummy snacks and watching movies. Good times!
I want to go camping there! Looks like fun! Layla is so stinkin cute!
Look @ all that cute stuff {not to mention the cute little girl in the middle!}!! Wish i could have come {kentucky is a little too far away though i think!}! {Dave was sad to miss out on father's & son's too.}
So, Mallory has that EXACT yellow and black outfit! So sweet. It makes me so cranky (once again) that I live 7 hours away!!!! Would've loved to basque in the ocean of pink. But what do ya do? Looks like fun though. Now, at least, with Layla around, you have a bud to bond with "while the boys are away"!! So glad for you!!! (LOVE, SHAN
Post a Comment