Sunday, May 23, 2010

My first........

Trip to Tai Pan with Layla in tow! Let me explain...... Sportsman Warehouse is located right in front of Tai Pan Trading (my favorite decorating store) my boys refuse to go in this store. In fact it was Jake who first said many moons ago, "MOM take as long as you want, just drop dad and me off at the hunting store and pick us up when you are done." Bray Man has now joined them in their valiant fight against all things girly and looks forward to "guy time" at Sportsman's".

Saturday we found our little family in St. George with some time to spare so the boys headed to Sportsman's and I went to Tai Pan. But what to my wondering eyes did appear? A tiny bundle of pink to fill up my cart. A girl to bounce decorating ideas back and forth to. I must say, however, that Layla needs to improve a little on the rules of shopping, (for heaven's sake she fell asleep through the whole store except for the part where she made a really loud grunt and filled her pants to the brim). Even with all of this there was hope that one day she might want to go to Tai Pan with her mom. All though I secretly think she will say, "mom just drop us off at Sportsman's and take all the time in the world you want at that other store."

A couple of other firsts....
While Braden was drawing this masterpiece..

And Jake was drawing this......
While Rand taught them the schematics of hunting (they are visual learners),
The hunter shoots the bow calmly...
The arrow should go smooth and quick....
The deer should be hit right about here.... while all of this was going on, I for the first time was....

Inside organizing these... can one little girl have enough bows or flowers to wear... I was also admiring this cute little fatty. She is just so yummy!


There have been so many firsts this week and I must not leave this one out!
I have learned how to teach a 2 yr old to be soft and sweet.
All though by this picture I think Miss Layla clearly has had enough.
Last but not least this little girl has sure made her spot in this family and we could not be any happier.

9 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

Love it! Looks like you got a good assortment of bows, but like I said, if you ever wish you had a certain color, let me know, I am still addicted, I have about 50 right now, and not sure what I am going to do with them. I also like that the hunter is shooting while sitting down. Too funny!

Mama said...

She is so cute! i love that you have a friend to play with now (girlie stuff,ya know!) so happy!i love her!

Karen said...

Oh, you make me want a girl so bad! :) I love Tai Pan, too. It's one of my favorite stores!

Melinda said...

WOW! I hadn't checked in for a while and LOOK what I MISSED! Congratulations Guys!!

Moises & Melinda

Mical and Diana said...

How do you think native americans taught their kids to hunt? The only difference between then and now is that someone invented chalk. You should put some sort of sealer coat on your patio. Someday your great-grandkids are going to want to see Rand's "hieroglyphics".

Paul & Kaytie said...

How Funny! Paul and I do the same thing. I'm so glad that you have your sweet little girl to go shopping with. Her dress on Sunday was absolutely darling.

Now that Dr. Meta is gone, I just went to the Jeff Wright the P.A. at Mesquite Medical. I really liked him but I'm still thinking of getting a pediatrician in St. George so if you know of a good one let me know.

Heather said...

Cuteness all around.

Hopes Family said...

Is all of the "GIRLY" stuff ever going to get old? Let me tell ya about having two of them. Sometimes I have to paint my nails after they go to bed because if I get it out during the day there will be 30 toes and 30 fingers to paint. If I wear jewelery anywhere I better have an necklace for everyone. When I go shopping I have a cart full of unwanted idems that will look oh so cute! But what am I saying, you would love it. I think I'm the only girl alive that can get sick of all the "GIRLY" stuff!

Julie said...

She is such a cutie. Hope you get to use those hairbows soon. My girl has almost no hair still at 20months, so we're still waiting on those bows and pig tails.

Nice bloody deer picture Rand! Teaching those boys all that is important! ;)

Next time you're in town, call us and we'll meet you for ice cream or something. Have you tried Krave? Yummy.