Sunday, June 6, 2010

Seven days - Seven new things I've learned..

How fortunate am I that my family teaches me something new every day? This last week has not been the exception!!

Things I have learned:
#1 - When your son turns 7 you are no longer the center of his world! He will sometimes be downright embarrassed of you. When you show up on field day this might be the only picture you get because he is way to cool to pose in front of friends but later that night he might tell you thanks for coming just to see how cool he was!



#2 - When you have been a blogger for three years your "camera shy in front of friends kid" will let you take his picture with his medals he earned doing accelerated reading and then he will tell you what to say about him on the blog. In his own words, "this kid has so many medals, how many will he get?"


#3 - You should not be surprised when you find your two year old stealing chocolate chips out of the freezer and filling the salsa bowl to the brim. You especially should not be surprised when you find him hiding behind the couch with his secret stash later in the day. I have no idea where he learned this from?


#4 - On hot summer days when kids are bored - call in recruitments it makes for fun and the mess that is made is totally worth the 4 hours of fun time had by all! Cousins make everything better.




#5 - When you drag your family to "Mid Evil Days", they will like this:


But they won't like this: (Layla might have if she would have been awake)!

#6 - I learned that a little monster that can give looks like this:

Finds it his personal responsibility to be sweet when needed and take care of this! He actually looks like he is taking it very seriously.


#7 - This next little one has taught me many lessons this last week! Although the one I choose to remember is that even when you are sleep deprived and don't get anything on the list done it is all worth it when you look at this!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Next time I come visit, Braden is so going to have to pull out the salsa bowl for aunt Shan! A man after my own heart! Made me laugh. Layla is so sweet and you've gotta know that deep down, Jake really does think you're cool! (At least you don't show up to field day in your skin tight sweats with the word "pink" in big letters across your butt. I don't know, it might be a trait special to my town, but OMG. Kinda makes polyester pants look fashionable)! Anywho, I'd so hang out with you at field day, but no, you may not take my picture!! Love and miss you!! Can't wait to see you all next month! SHAN

Riss said...

Ah, kids... I can't believe your boys wouldn't take a pictures with the hot mid-evil girls. Easton was all over that action with the Jazz dancers. I've got trouble. Baby girl is so cute. I'm working on her blanket even if it is 100 degrees in your neck of the woods. It will be a stunning accessory and every girl knows accessories are essential. She needs to learn this early.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Shem, why is it that your kids sit and smile cute and mine are all over the place in their pictures?

Riss said...

I feel like such an ingrate. I keep forgetting to thank you for the birthday card, message, and comment. Thanks for remembering. I loved the card. It cracked me up.