We traveled over the desert and through the hills to Nanna's house we went.
The Acadia was packed to the brim and we were on our way. With a large Diet coke, a couple of "bug juices" for the boys, 5 oz. of formula and some great tunes we were up for the adventure that awaited us. The kids were great and I was just so happy to be out of the Mesquite heat. There was so much fun to be had and girls night where we laughed until we cried but those things are for me to know and the following things are for the blog world to know! So thanks everyone who made my trip home so fun!
The "chicken whisperers", the amazement of doing a task I did everyday as a kid what ironic to me!
Nana always has to have a "learning adventure". She drug us out to the middle of nowhere to the Elmo Dinosaur Quarry and the boys had a blast. Poor little Layla got eaten by mean nasty bugs. Dinosaurs, we learned, were not her thing.
Did you know that this Dinsoaur Quarry in the middle of nowhere houses more excavated dinosaur bones than almost anywhere in the United States. I think it is number 3 on the list of cool dinosaur places. Who would have guessed it? I am happy to say that my high school was the mighty Carbon "Dinos". Does that make me sound smarter?


My "crusty kids"! I don't know why but this picture is one of my favorites, sitting out on the porch, faces not washed, hair not combed and Layla is not even dressed! Oh the joy of being at Nanna's!
Our road trip detoured up and over Fairview Canyon to the beautiful land of Manti! Guess who was waiting on the other end of our journey? Grandpa and Grandma! My boys were in Heaven! By the way I loved the Manti Pageant (good memories of when I was a kid). My boys watched until their tired little bodies decided sleep could not be fought off anymore. Thanks Grandpa for carrying the heavy load back to the car!
My boys love their grandpa and they love "Fancy"! BMan calls him Vance! I almost feel like I am cheating my cute guys because they are not growing up with horses. Maybe someday?

I pose the question what is better than grandma's? It must be great grandma's! We are so lucky, Layla soaked in all the attention.



We left grandpa and grandmas and left to stay in a hotel with Nana in Salt Lake! So much to do in Salt Lake sometimes I wish we lived closer to fun places but I wouldn't trade my small town for Salt Lake any day.
The Gateway fountains, Jake has a thing with water, BMan wouldn't get wet because I would not let him take his clothes off so he sat on the bench and pouted for a half hour. It is so fun to be two!
Braden was all bent out of shape about the water but the children's museum was his cup of tea! Braden was serious about shopping, he shopped so carefully for all of the things he loved!

Little "L" loved the museum too! Everyone that walked by commented on how cute she was and how "chunky" she was. I did not let her hear that part, I would not want to give her a complex. It's ok to be almost 15 pounds when your two months old, just because most other 2 month olds are around 10 or 12 pounds. She owns her chubbiness and we think she is gorgeous! (Maybe she was "chubby" because her stripes were horizontal and not up and down.) He He (Oh I am loving this cute little fatty!)
I ask myself would I do nine days on the road without Rand again? Even though I was exhausted and appreciative of my husband at home I guess I would do it again if it meant I got to have as much fun as I did with these little kiddos! Just don't ask me about loosing my car for 1hr and 40 min! That part is a dark memory and I don't know if I can go there again!
4 comments:
Sounds like you had fun. I wish I would have known you were in Salt Lake, I would have loved to come and meet up with you guys.
I would like to offer my condolences that you had to go to Carbon High and be a Dino. You'll be okay some day. I wish we could be in those parts at the same time. I can't wait to meet Layla.
It was a bummer that we just missed each other by a day. I have great memories of the Manti Pageant, like when we finished the trek and were trying hard to look cute! I wish my little Hannah could steal some of Layla's chunkiness. She is almost a year old and only weighs 16 pounds. She is my petite one. Sorry for the long comment, but I have one more thing to say....GO DINOS!!!
I love her chubbiness!!! I wouldn't have them any other way {obviously, have you seen mine?! they are perfect!!} Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment