Saturday, March 26, 2011

Life is flying by and I remember when.....

I had things under control!

Jake at 3 would never have worn sweats with Character Moon Boots! 
He would, however, still love going on the Bracken Farms Truck with Grandpa.


When I had things under control, football season was well documented.  It never would have been summarized by 3 pathetic pictures where,

1st of all, you can't even see Jake in the huddle.......

2nd of all,  a half picture of snotty nosed Layla.......
This would never have happened because I never was going to have a kid who produced snot.


And finally a 3rd picture - a blurry picture of an action shot where the only action happening was me snapping a photo while running after the BMan!

When the boys were little I was always equipped with extra clothes, extra food and  pretty much anything else anybody would need as well.  

When Layla came along and the control went out the window, 
I suddenly became forgetful and unprepared.

SO,

When Miss Layla decides to bathe in a freezing cold mud puddle at the park and BMan doesn't want to leave the park, we do with what we have.

In this case she strutted her stuff in Rand's dirty church socks found in the back of the car and an extra jacket!

I must add that as she was laying flat on her back in the puddle she never dropped her hamburger bun once, nor did she miss a bite!

Those thighs, what can I say.. I just want to squeeze them!

When I had things under control, Nana and Grandpa Delon came hiking to join in for a fun day, now they are a necessity when Rand is not around!  (Thanks so much)!


In my prepared days, 

I would have remembered my own camera and not stolen this picture from Ali!

Layla would not have just had her nose wiped with the bottom of her jacket, she would have had a Puffs Plus in a ziplock bag next to her extra clothes and binky which were also forgotten.
(She doesn't seem to mind!)

Braden is eating a rice crispy treat donated by Ali because my fruit snacks were not good enough and Layla would never be wearing a hat that did not match in those "good ole days" we mentioned before!

Snow the weekend before the sun and sand brought lots of fun for everyone but....
once again I forgot my camera and had to steal these pictures from Lee. 

May I just add that the kids plus Colten made an awesome snow fort, Jake (one of the unidentified kids hiding behind the fort were quite the attackers). 

BMan the traitor switched sides and helped Uncle Colten or did he???
We caught him unloading all of Co Co's snow balls off the sled and laughing with pure delight!
When things were under my control, I may have stopped him and gave him a winning lecture on playing fair, instead I just pretended like I didn't see!




The BMan loves shopping in my pantry and I have no control over where things are placed when they are put back, my labels no longer hang on the shelf, my cans are not in organized rows of  soup, vegetables, spaghetti sauce etc.  If someone looked in there they would know that a 3 yr old has complete control of the pantry...... not the mom!

These examples could go on and on but I realized that I do have control over one thing.........

This guy!

Just kidding! I just thought he might be feeling left out of this blog entry.


The only thing I do have control over is that I get to be the mom to all these crazy kids and I can control how many hugs and kisses they get whether they want them or not.  

Feels  SO GOOD, to be so out of control!

4 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

The picture of Layla at the park just about made me die laughing! Her hair is still perfectly done though!

Paul & Kaytie said...

I can't believe how much Layla has grown up since we left. I love the picture of her chubby little legs. She is darling. Braden and Jake are also such handsome little men even if they only want to were jogging pants. :)

Unknown said...

I am outta control, too!!!... I remember when you were "in control", and you used to laugh at me, and wonder why I was so flustered all the time. And how I dared let Kate eat right off the table at McDonalds....Is it carma? No, I think it's awesome! Oh, the good ol' days!!! LOVE IT! I laughed my butt off! Layla works those thighs like nothin' else! :) Pretty soon we are going to blink, and the kids will be huge and gone to college, and it will just be us at "Mimi's" sipping our soup wondering how it all got away from us, and we'll long for the days at the park, right?!? LOVE YOU! Oh, and btw: why did Rand just happen to have a spare pair of church socks in the car? Random, but too funny! Love, SHAN

Jamie W said...

LOVE the pic of Layla in Rand's socks. It totally looks like she is strutting down a model runway. So cute!