After days of adventure in Mexico we took a day off to relax at the resort.
And by relax I mean....
Ian and Rand went looking for a kayak to brave the ocean waves.
(Don't they look like Baywatch Stars?)
Lara and I took a water aerobics class.
(The guy teaching the class and the guy next to me were total inspiration for exercising on vacation, I say this only to tease Rand).
After a relaxing morning we decided to stay at the resort and relax a little more.
And by relaxing I mean,
we chartered a boat and went out to snorkel in the ocean.
The Puerto Morelos Coral Reef is the 2nd largest Reef in the world, only 2nd to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
After such a relaxing day, we decided to take a taxi in to town to enjoy the local flare!
Puerto Morelos is a quaint town with more locals than tourists and I was perfectly content just people watching and enjoying the sound of Rand speaking Spanish!
Rand carried this coconut around for the evening and then threw it away as we were taxing back. I still don't know why he carried it around with him. Now that I think about it, he is weird!
Last but not least.....days of fun in the Mexican Sun would not be complete unless you fling your body miles above a jungle, harnessed to a zip line cable.
The Park - Explor!
Gearing up for a fun filled day of crazy activity.
Have you ever been to Timpanogoes Cave in UT? Well I have! My mom the "geologist" loves to teach us about Stalactites and Stalagmites so the cave was a place we visited frequently. Well mom, this place put Timpanogoes Cave to shame! There were more rock formations and live growing stalactites that seeing them made me feel that I was in a "fake cave". Ian still does not believe they were real but I know better.
I think anytime you have to wear an orange hard hat for the day you should be a little worried, don't you?
I am putting this picture on here for one reason only......that reason is Ian's smile. I think this was "Ian's playground" he walked around all day like a me in a chocolate store! He would have ziplined until dark if we would have let him. Come to think of it, I think we all would have if it weren't for the huge towers we had to hike up. After so many days of "relaxing" and this day being near the end I think we were a LITTLE tired. Oh but did we have fun!
Zip lining led to underground cave swims that led to underground canoe rides which led to this cheesy picture, I simply call it "jazz hands" ! That inner show girl in me sometimes just leaps out when I least expect it!
Could there be anything better than a water landing?
Could there be anything scarier than the fear of me hitting smack dab into a tree?
We mustn't forget the waterslides!
Whew! I could post for days on all of the fun we had but after three blog posts of Mexico I think I need to relax! Oh Mexico, until we meet again!

2 comments:
I just smiled the whole way through your post! Oh the memories! And remember the coconut was to save us if someone attacked us! :) You are so on the ball, it might be a while before I post, but you always explain everything perfectly, I will have a hard time not copying what you wrote! :) But I might steal a few pictures if you don't mind.
This looks like such a FUN vacation! How fabulous to have a great group to enjoy it with. I'm thrilled you could do this! adios por ahora!
Post a Comment