Sunday, June 24, 2012

June slow down.................

Whoa!  Where is our summer going?  

We so looked forward to summer or should I say I looked forward to summer!  No more baseball games twice a week in Logandale, no more TBall, no more school to and from, no more homework, nothing but bliss! 

 (Ok I must admit I was a little sad to end baseball season for both my boys.  They did great this year)!

Our bliss is not perfect by any means, there is some fighting going on and some tantrum throwing and a lot of messy house but we are together!  
and,
You know what they say.... the family that hangs out together in 110 degree heat every day goes insane together, right?

Some of our moments this summer have been more "bliss"full than others but they are moments still the same!

June (part 1)  

June started with a favor for a friend, Seriously how do I get myself into these messes?  
(I must admit these little girls will be scarred for life knowing that Cinderella is much older than they had envisioned and had many more wrinkles than she did in the fairytale books,  who kew they airbrushed princesses, right?)

It also included two trips to the cabin!

Grandpa converted the barn into a playhouse for the kids and once those kids go in, they never come out.  We did sense some activity when a brave soul ventured out for a Capri Sun and some chips, (necessary food storage) but other that that the barn has proved to be the ultimate babysitter!
I hope the newness does not wear off!  


Cabin + Naps on hard plastic green boxes = BLISS to a 2 yr old!




2nd trip to the cabin included Shed Hunting (not the tool shed kind but the antler kind).




Cabin time + summer time +Swinging with Grandma = Ultimate Bliss for the kiddos!


Then Swinging with Eryka = Bliss for me!

Why?

Because she had both my kiddos sound asleep in 10 minutes.  Sure they were asleep and apparently praying to Allah in the process but nonetheless they were asleep.  

Thanks Eryka for getting these rowdies to settle down!


I don't even know what is happening here but Layla is smiling and we will call it Bliss!


Bliss comes in many forms, sometimes it is having a pole to hug whenever you want too!



Or driving the rhino with dad!


Bliss for mom and dad came the last week of school when we watched Mr. Jake the smarty pants finish up the school year with 4 medals and multiple certificates!



The BMan finished up a fantastic year of preschool too!  He was completely adorable in his school program and sang his little heart out.
 Bliss for the Brady bug comes when he is with his buddies, he is our little social bug!

See..... June is going quite well and we are only half way through!



2 comments:

Kaylie and Cody said...

What a fun summer so far!! :) And might I add that you make a very beautiful Cinderella haha how fun!

The Christians said...

Very fun! I hope your river trip was fun as well, can't wait to hear about it.