Cell phones have changed the world right?
I remember Rand's first cell phone, it was as large as his fore arm and cost almost an arm and a leg to use it. The fact that he had a cell phone took away from the fact that he still parted his hair on the side when I met him! (I taught him the front spike, early into our relationship).
The cell phone has come leaps and bounds since those days way back when, and I find myself intrigued looking through pictures I have taken with my phone. Who would have thought a phone could be cordless, let alone take pictures, I really am that old!
My cellular (remember when we called it that) phone has been a lot of places and seen a lot of things!
The pictures on my phone have led me to believe that I lead an interesting life. Future posterity that reads my journal (blog) might think I am crazy, and the life I find so entertaining may seem dull and mundane to them! I am a stay at home mom, you know..... the majority of my day includes carpooling, cleaning up messes, changing diapers, filling up swimming pools, opening popcicles, making food, bathing, church callings and chatting with small but very interesting little humans! Not dull or mundane in the least.
Peek into my life via, my cell phone pictures.
You can decide for yourself if my life is as interesting as I think it is!
(I am still learning how to use my cell phone and most of my pics look like the learning curve is a bit of a struggle for me, I just can't seem to hold the darn thing still. Shaky hands mean blurry pics).
Some days my kiddos and I like to watch swimming pools being hoisted into the air with just enough space to clear a house. The thrill is wondering if the pool could possibly drop from the sky and flatten this house to a pancake. That would be horrible.... but if no one was inside and the homeowners had good insurance wouldn't it be so fun to watch a swimming pool fall from the sky? (This same day, but not pictured, a golf ball came flying out of nowhere while I was driving down the road and dented my lovely vehicle - I can't bring myself to say minivan)!
We like to ride in tractors, really big ones. Even if it is just a short ride we still find this activity riveting!
We travel to lands with jungle vines and lots and lots of little boys. I am engrossed in the fact that 100's of 8, 9 and 10 yr old boys can be so quiet and cheer so loudly in the same 10 minute span!
Not every day, but many days we realize that the calories don't matter and we eat chocolate fudge brownies with ice cream and hot fudge sauce, and we don't even feel guilty.
We have one small child who won't sleep with babies or teddy bears. Our darling little Miss prefers knowing that her shoes are all tucked in tight. I don't find this a bad quality and admire her fashion sense! I could also say she is very savvy when it comes to investments and she positively knows how to protect her assets .
Our children understand that the food network can make you more versatile and playing Chopped daily might land you a future career as a chef.
I feel my life is interesting because I know good people who are also fascinating! People make my life happy, and good women who have lived good lives make my children happy. Miss Marianne is a person that everyone should chat with at least once or twice a week, you too would feel a little more inspired and motivated to live with purpose.
My children have initiative, they may not eat healthy all the time (sometimes they have a lazy mom) but they know how to fend for themselves when I am in the shower. They have acquired survival skills and will even eat frozen food without it being cooked.
When I am not paying attention to Miss Layla she quickly finds ways to get noticed! She can climb in and out of a Wal Mart cart as if it were simple as stairs. Teaching herself to manuever a cart by pulling herself from rack to rack with ease helps her keep up with the latest trends. How she matched the colors in her hat to the turquoise in her shirt and the way her purple shades just really tie the whole outfit together just befuddles me?
I find Miss Lu Lu wise beyond her 2 years.
Life is never dull with this little one.
Not all of our experiences are academic or social, we find time for exercise and physical fitness. Our drive to Logandale twice a week is an opportunity to discuss current events and keep up our associations with important acquaintances such as these little orange people.
How could my life be dull when my husband makes me decorate with the head of a dead animal? Do you know how much persuasion can go into convincing my lovely husband that it really just looks best on the wall in the garage? My Interior Decorating sense has really helped out in this area. I point out the natural light coming in from the window and the blank wall in the garage really makes this dead bear's head the focal point for all those who get a brief glance as the garage door opens and closes.
Never a dull moment when I am home or when I am out. My mom and I left Drew in capable hands while we attended to our other needs ( our mother's day pedicures). Drew played his part perfectly... making sure that there was just enough injury to keep Rand up to date on his First Aid Skills and even help Jake pass off a requirement for Cub Scouts. Every moment a learning moment, right?
Life is fascinating as I experience it through the curious eyes of a two year old. Do you remember when you first learned to lick an ice cream cone? The aha moment that happens when your two year old realizes that they don't have to shove their face into it but can........
just use her tounge! This is learning at it's finest and we are enjoying every moment of our very dull and mundane lives!














3 comments:
You've been busy blogging since I last looked. Your life is far far from mudane and boring. Not only do you get to travel the world but your probably an expert carpet cleaner by now as well. Miss Layla is adorable as are all your kids.
It was good to talk to you yesterday. We need to do it more often now that you have a cellular phone again. I can't belive how big your kids are getting. Talk to you soon.
You should write a book, Miss Shemri.
Post a Comment