Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spring Break - Take TWO!

Valley of Fire!

With each addition to our family I have learned to adapt.  What do I mean by this, let me explain.... When Rand and I were first married we loved to hike and had many adventures together, we hiked a lot!  Then came Jake and life was great, Rand put the little cutie in the back pack and off we went!  Then came the BMan and life was still great, Jake was an experienced hiker by then and BMan got toted in the backpack by Rand or myself (who am I kidding, if Rand was there he always carried the heavy load).  Then came Layla and life was still great, but we were outnumbered.  Then there was this thing that Rand had, called a job and he had to be "on call"!  This is wherein the problem arose, Braden and Layla were too much for me by myself.  Then came Ali, she still loved to hike and her crazy boys who I believe are half billy goat and in need of no assistance came to my rescue. Ali made life great again!  She took charge of the BMan and I took Miss Layla and guess what?  We can still hike even without Rand (although I sure wish he were there)!  Times are different and we only do one hike instead of all day and we look forward to the ice cream a little more after the hike, but guess what....we still hike and we love it!

See, you can tell by this picture Layla definitely LOVES it!
(ok, she really does you just can't tell)

  
Colby and Jake love it!

 Ali and the boys can't get enough of it!

Braden and Drew think hiking is totally rad!

Oh and if you let Layla walk she REALLY does love it!

Are those Indians up there yonder?  Oh no, those are disrespectful little boys who have left the trail and wandered up by the petroglyphs!  The nerve of some parents!  
(No petroglyphs were touched or harmed in the hiking efforts of these naughty little boys)


Naughty me, ya right!


King Colby is sacrificing that rock, I think!


Sometimes after a day out you come home look at a picture and it just melts your heart!
This is one for sure, Look closely at Miss Layla, she is holding a little flower in the middle of all those crazy boys and her smile melts my heart!  (yeah for little girls)!


Yeah for silliness!




We hiked so much we wore these two little ones down to bones!



Or did we?

Just to make sure our little men were not dwindling away we let them fill up on pizza! 
Hiking + cousins+pizza = good times! 


Spring Break is so fun!



No comments: