And is she ever!
2 really means becoming Bipolar, I am sure of it!
The frustration of knowing exactly what she wants and not being able to communicate it, or get her way all the time makes Miss Layla either super giddy, happy or super nasty, grumpy!
We love her all the same and are lucky that the happy side is usually the side we see most. Don't get me wrong the dark side sometimes creeps in and overshadows the sweetness of this little Miss but not very often!
-Something I can't forget about Miss Layla turning 2!
It took her over 5 minutes to decide on the plates she wanted for her cake.
"Punzel, no Minnie, no Princess, no Dora"! We chose Minnie Mouse but as we walked away she made it very clear she was torn with her decision.... so we went back to the plates and settled on the Princesses!
(Secretly I was thrilled that she had a "girly" opinion after doing years of camouflage and monster truck parties)!
Let's let Layla do the talking, If Layla were talking in more than 3 word sentences she would have explained her two birthday parties like this!
Hi, this is my mean face and I am so good at it! Even if it is my birthday, and I will get to be a princess later don't let anyone know that I secretly like to dress up like Spider Woman!

Now I am Lu Lu or you can call me Miss Layla if you would like.
Although it was a hard decision this fairy cake became my 1st choice even though the choice between Rapunzel and Tinker Bell was neck and neck for a while!
I love it so much, here is a better look!
I am a pro at blowing out the candles!
This is my dad and I have no idea why he wanted me to hold my spoon in the air but I did it so that he wouldn't feel too nerdy doing it by himself. I already feel nerdy because my mom made me wear this bib and forgot to do my hair for my birthday party at grandma's.
This is Ali and Timmy, I think they only came to my party for the cake!
This is my grandma, I don't know why she is sitting alone, maybe those empty chairs behind her are filled with invisible people.
Even though you can't see them I had my two great grandma's Pollock and Nell at my party, the Hirschi Family and the Threet family, it was totally awesome.
I am a lucky girl and I got to have two birthday parties. It was essential I have one in Mesquite so I could invite my "besties".
I don't know why, but my mom has a thing with pictures at this table on my birthday!
See what I mean, this was last year (I am much too old to sit on the table this year).
Oh my goodness my candles are bigger than this cupcake, seriously the challenge is killing me I must blow them out before my baby cupcake goes up in flames!
Braden, don't even think about blowing these candles out, you even try and I will backhand you!
I got this covered.
My new kitchen totally will enhance my culinary skills and Braden and I can play "Chopped"to our heart's content now!
I must say I am on the top 10 of cutest 2 yr olds around.
I will let you in on a little secret, the presents were great but these bags "my purses" are really my favorite gifts. I feel like holding them is a little like "retail therapy".
Shh, don't tell!
(Also don't notice that I am wearing my Tu Tu from last year, I only sleep in this I would not be caught wearing last year's fashion in the daylight hours).
Oh Miss Layla we love every little part of you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!





2 comments:
Oh, Layla. You are adorable. And watching you blow out your candles made my day!! Happy birthday!
I'm sad I missed it. We love you Layla!
Post a Comment