Sunday, October 14, 2012

There's gold in them thar hills.......

And we found it!

Well at least  we found the abandoned mines!

And by "we" I mean "them".......

I have to admit - this expedition was a guilty pleasure of mine, let me explain....

I am always up for an adventure and a good time but what I didn't realize is a "good time"  can mean sitting and doing absolutely nothing!

I mean NOTHING!

I usually don't do this, but this is what I did....

We were all at the cabin and the day's adventure was to head out exploring, Rand had the kids buckled in the rhino and the 4 wheeler was loaded and lo and behold there seemed to be too many who wanted to go out on the adventure and not enough 4 wheelers!  

He He! 

Follow me here on my thought process...

Lots of people + Not as many 4 wheelers = sitting in a chair with no kids asking anything from me!


I don't know what came over me but I eagerly volunteered to stay at the cabin with Jake, Trey and Grandma!  The boys were having a grand time playing games in the barn and did not want to go and Grandma Bracken (she's always willing to take one for the team) so with Rand's approval I decided to stay back at the cabin!  

It was the most relaxing day EVER! 
I sat in a chair and occasionally got up to keep my energy levels full with  delicious treats!
I had wonderful conversation with Charlene and when Jake would walk by sometimes I had him
  grab me a treat too!

I have to say, all though an adventure is more my "thing" this day could be my "thing" once in a while too!

This was the view from my reclining camping chair all day!
Not too shabby!


As for the adventure....
The explorers were brave and fought fear of heights and falling down mine shafts....
 and may I add...
ShaRee has the safety "buddy system"  down to a tee.  
Thanks for taking care of my kids!




I don't think you could convince Layla this was not a snake but good effort Dylan!






2 comments: