if I were on the ball and posted "1st day of school" in August, I would have nothing interesting to say!
Procrastination on the other hand has led me through a month of school where I have gotten to know Jake's teacher and see how well BMan is adjusting!
So let's talk back to school!
4th GRADE ROCKS!
According to Jake he is one of the big men on campus this year, (I know it's not because of the bright red shoes he picked out that don't match with anything and drive me crazy every day)!
I tried to persuade him that if he bought bright red shoes he could possibly be made fun of, but he challenged me and assured me that he was confident enough for those red shoes and I caved!
(Come to find out all the kids had bright shoes this year, what did I know?)
So here is my confident 4th Grader, red shoes and all!
A few facts about 4th Grade.... he absolutely loves his teacher Mr. Adams.
He shed a tear or two on the 1st day of school - not because of nerves but because his teacher was telling a really sad story! He would never admit it but when he said he was only choked up... I know what really happened. He also "choked up" again last week, when they finished reading Where the Red Fern grows". (Sorry, Jake I am a lush when it comes to things like this....you must have inherited my emotions). He never reads this blog and he will never know I told, but my journal posterity will know for sure! He is such a smarty pants and I happen to think a lot of what he says is quite hilarious.
I think this kid is a keeper!
Just hanging with one of his buds (Jason) and his little brother, Braden really wanted to be in 4th grade that day!
This is one of Jake's best friends Ethan helping out Braden (when I lost him), his mom took the picture and I am so happy Jake has been friends with this guy since preschool (he is a sweetheart).
Seriously, who looses their child while being surrounded by playground monitors?
Seriously, who looses their child while being surrounded by playground monitors?
Oh ya, I do!
Thanks Ethan!
Maybe he was lost because this darling sweetheart wouldn't get off the slide and I spent 10 minutes chasing her through playground equipment. Jake was mortified that in 4th grade I would accompany him at all on the playground - so the zoo we created with Layla and Braden did not help out his embarrassment.
The "Buds"
What a great group of buddies my Jakey has!
Moving on.................
After much tribulation and pondering and praying and worrying, we decided to keep Braden in preschool one more year! With a birthday that falls in September he was right on the deadline and although he is a smarty pants too, we decided one more year of doing this....
couldn't hurt!
So - the BMan gets Miss Christy for another year of preschool and I get his fun personality around a little more each day.
This is not Brady Bugs 1st day of school picture but it shows how cheesy he truly is.
He refused a picture on the 1st day and he refused a picture with his teacher, and with this stubborn one we take what we can get.
Good luck in pre-k this year you silly little guy!



1 comment:
In my own professional opinion, you made a good choice keeping him back. I think setting them up for success is a gift we give our kids. You just set him up for success because he won't struggle academically or socially.
Post a Comment