Oh my land!
Where oh where has the time gone?
Everybody always says this and I don't know if I really mean it but I thought I should say it anyway!
Let me explain, when I look back in my mind and picture when Jake was born it seems like an eternity ago. It feels like he was never my little baby, he has filled the big brother role for so long now that sometimes I wish I could just "Bill and Ted" back to another time....... just for a moment! I want to hear his little voice, see his cute grin and call him"Jakey"!
Don't get me wrong, I love the 10 yr old stage too but sometimes I just miss my "Jakey"!
Don't get me wrong, I love the 10 yr old stage too but sometimes I just miss my "Jakey"!
On September 6th - this little guy officially stepped out of the single digits forever!
Big 10!
Jake loves to celebrate his birthday with just a few friends or cousins every year! I try to talk him into a big birthday party but he never agrees! He has been stubborn since the day I met him and so trying to persuade this guy when his mind is already made up is impossible. It must be in his genes because one of his parents is just like him........I'll let you guess which one!
Jake, now that you are ten it won't be much longer before you pass great grandma and great aunt bunny up in the height department!
Even though you are 10..........
you made me quite happy when you were not "too cool"
after your party to still watch cartoons with your cousins!
You still wanted to blow out your candles!
And you still wanted Skor cake for your birthday.
See, even though you are so "old" now some things are still the same!
You even let us play a few games!
Jake really wanted to go to the Adventure-Dome in Las Vegas for his birthday so he grabbed his best friend Ethan and they headed to Sin City for some fun!
Thanks Rand for taking them down for the day.
(He even let Braden and his friend tag along)
Give these boys 2 minutes and this birthday dessert was out of sight!
Happy Birthday, "Jakey"!
Enjoy being 10 every minute!
And even though he is so "big" now I am going to interview him!
Hi I am Jake
My favorite color is: Green (I wonder why? Bulldogs, maybe?)
My favorite food is: Tic Tacs
My favorite book is: Dragons of Deltora (what he is reading right now, he reads about 3 books a week that are bigger than any books i have ever read)!
My favorite movie is: The Mummy
My favorite sport is: Baseball
My favorite thing to do is: Read
My favorite hobby is: Read
I can’t wait for: When I am 18 so I can get out of the house (seriously does this start now, he said this with a grin, just to get to me!)
Why? Because, there won't be any rules and no bedtime. (Ok I am seriously WORRIED)!
I love to: READ! (I am about to slap him during this interview, he is such a stinker. He is laughing his head off right now because he is doing this all as a big joke! This will be his last birthday interview EVER!)
My favorite treat is: More time to read and Tic Tacs (This is a complete disaster right now! He is such a tease, but at least HE is laughing and having a great time!)
My 2nd favorite treat is: Reading at school (Come on Jake)!
My favorite holiday is: Reading Day (I will never interview him again for sure!)
My favorite subject in school is: Can you guess? (I am not going to bother asking him this one).
Favorite memories: "One day I was outside and eating Tic Tacs and Reading, that was my favorite memory."
He then patted me on the shoulder and said, "mom that was a great interview"......... I smacked him!


1 comment:
These kids! Apparently, he is what you deserve. I have one of those myself. I remember when I came to the hospital to see you after he was born with my parade of Asian semi-strangers behind me. Boundaries were an issue. It is a good thing you had done your hair and put on lipstick. 10 years when by fast! Happy Birthday Jake!
Post a Comment