In an effort to catch up without missing documenting anything important I am going to simply just sum up the summer right here and now!
(Well maybe in the next couple of posts)
I have been thinking lately, why do I continue to keep a blog when the rest of the world is Facebooking? I only keep a blog because I am terrible at journal writing and I think it's important for my kids to have something tangible that will help them to remember their childhood (then they will have evidence of how I messed them up when they start to blame me for their problems. :)
Isn't that what all teenagers do?
So.................
Attention future posterity: ( I promise that I tried to teach you while you were young)
Like what did I TRY to teach you?
What did I want you to know?
1st
This is what I hope you choose to do when you turn 8!
I hope you will be able to define what is right and wrong and make good decisions the rest of your life.
Timmy and Colby chose to be baptized this summer and we were so so proud of them!
Layla looks like she could fit right in with their family........
on more than one occasion the twins have asked me if she is for sell!
2nd
Remember to always stick up for your cousins and make them your best friends!
3rd
Never, NEVER be too busy to take a picture of a beautiful sunset.
Jake and Braden were convinced the sky had been painted from Heaven.
(You could see the texture in the sky - all this beauty from my back porch)!
And if the sun is not setting enjoy the clouds!
4th
Love your mom because she thinks summer is not just for play!
Summer is for gaining knowledge -
appreciate that she found Pinterest which made her lessons much more fun!
Science can be fun!
5th
Dad likes science too, but his strong point is "Life Science"!
This particular 4wheeler ride we found 4 of these beauties!
6th
Sometimes in the stillness of life the biggest questions are answered!
Those constant shh's from dad will pay off!
(Thanks grandpa for the cool picture)
7th
Summers are for fun too!
Redneck county fairs are a MUST!
8th
Sometimes in life you just have to DANCE!








2 comments:
Shemri, you are such a great mom. Your kids will always know that. That picture of the sunset looks fake. So gorgeous!
Post a Comment