2nd Try, Why you ask?
I just completed this really long blog entry that was completely entertaining, witty, blah, blah, blah, blah and then...............Layla happened!
She came by and pounded my computer and deleted the whole entry!
So you are left with the regular old catch up blog entry and I am ok with that. Come to think of it my 1st entry was more blah, blah, blah than entertaining anyhow!
So...................
We ended the summer with a mission to bask in cooler weather.
We found it!
We ended the summer with a mission to bask in cooler weather.
We found it!
Miss Layla loved the journey and although she had been on a plane before this was the first time I think she put it all together that we were really higher than the clouds!
To begin our family extravaganza Miss Layla decided sticking out her tongue was hilarious and with her brothers giggles and motivation to keep doing it, she did! So much that everyone that boarded after families got to see it!
With the tongue thing out of the way - this little "crazy" amused everyone around her with her inquisitive nature and determination to do every thing the pilot said! I had to laugh and admire her excitement, she was the perfect buddy to sit by!
These two old pros were not giddy like their younger sister, Jake went right for a book and Braden decided to shut the window and get some rest. When Braden got over the "I am a big kid" phase of the plane ride he opened his window just as the landing gear on the wings came out, it was then that we saw the "old" BMan. He was absolutely determined the plane was broken.
Next stop - Hotel
These 3 kids literally swam between 2 and 3 times a day for 7 days!
When they were not swimming they were enjoying our enormous tub in our hotel room!
(Do you think Layla has any hope of not being crazy with these two brothers?)
In attempt to teach my kiddos a little geology we headed to the local museum.
My kids were absolute "kids" they didn't want to read the signs, talk quietly, be nice to each other and none of them wanted to see the same thing at the same time!
Yet, somehow I still think they are darling!
I think Layla is going to be a scientist - it only took a magnifying glass to keep her busy for at least 30 minutes.
Part of vacation for me is driving past road signs and realizing at the very last minute that the sign on the side of the road would make a most hilarious picture! The adventure and fun begins to unfold as I listen to Rand screech the brakes and then realize I am feeling relief because he did not kill me when he was pulling over. I watch him as he tromps through the bushes and strikes his lovely pose - you know you got a good man when he will do this for you without even one complaint. BMan his sidekick didn't miss a beat either!
See, it was worth it, that sign is REALLY FUNNY!
That cooler weather we sought after was found in Lake Tahoe!
Cool Weather = Happy Family
Important things to remember about Lake Tahoe
1st - Layla was mentored by me and now she too knows, that the best flower in the whole wide world is the daisy!
2nd - Rand is very opinionated and would not be happy if anyone thought of him as a tree hugger.......but, in Tahoe hugging a tree is ok - as long as it is like this!
Braden was busy off finding sticks!
3rd - Hiking puts a smile on my face and my kids face every single time!
(I seriously don't know what is with the one horned animal in the background)
Hiking to this castle makes my more happy!
4th - Every picture I try to get of my kids that looks like this...........
Usually started like this,
5th - If you keep running to the end of the dock and trying to jump in your daddy will give you a talking, and it may not be a nice "talking" (see his scary face).
6th - But if you are this cute in time out he will cave fast! Miss Layla has power over the men in our family for sure!
Even when you stick your tongue out at him!
Loving Tahoe!






1 comment:
So fun to read your blog!
Post a Comment