You know what I remember about my childhood?
It's not the camping trips or vacations we took but I do remember the times with cousins on those trips. Sleep-overs on the tramp, getting out of Thanksgiving dishes, classes I held for my little cousins on about every subject (including the ones I couldn't do like basketball) these are just a few of the great childhood memories I have. I remember trips for Easter with cousins, family gatherings, lots of living room slumber parties and most of all I remember laughing! Maybe I should say I remember chaos and laughing because both were very prevalent in our family!
You know what I am thrilled about?
You guessed it, cousins!
The access my children have to their cousins is the reason I suffer through Mesquite summers. I think there is something to be said about living close to cousins and making memories that last a lifetime.
So what did we do with our cousins this summer?
(Beware Lots of fun times with cousins = lots and lots of pictures)
Explored caves up Cedar Canyon.
(So funny to see all the personalities that come out in a dark and scary cave. Jake had no problem with the dark but hated the part he had to crawl on his belly (the closeness was too much for him). Braden crawled through the tunnels with ease but did not love the dark and Miss Layla well she wasn't scared of anything except when she got some mud on her cute new tennis shoes.
Cousins - Cousins - Cousins
My cousin Courtney calls the white circles that show up in pictures orbs or something like that. If that is true then I am absolutely never going back in this cave again. Look how many white circles there are..... I do believe this cave would qualify as haunted.
(I am hoping that it is only because it was pitch black and the flash made the white circle things)
Ooooh scarrrrry!
Safe and sound out of the cave!
Except I just noticed two of those white circle floaty things that followed us out.
Courtney I will never forgive you for making me a scaredy cat!
(I would like to know what I am doing with my hand because I do declare that pose is not a very natural hand position)
On to the next adventure -
Hiking at Cedar Breaks!
How many Gressmen cousins can you fit in the back of a truck? This is all of them except Gage and Jaidon! We even had little Benny in side of Brooke's tummy! Yeah!
Pretty sure this tree was a chocolate one.
You know what I love about the girls in this photo?
I love that if you want to hide your belly you grab a kid and instantly 5 pounds skinner.
Close your eyes!
There was a little kissing on the hike as well.
What comes after a great hike - FISHING!
In this case it meant everyone catches a fish and I don't mean just one, there were lots and lots of fish caught this day.
I owe Rand a shout out for being an amazing angler and for keeping little boys lines tied with flies and snag free. Rand was a gem all day and the smiles on the kids faces are a great big THANK YOU!
Whew!
From Cave Exploring, to hiking and fishing it was a pretty good day!
Day two
You guessed it....
Cousins, Cousins, Cousins!
oh and some more hiking.
These are the only little Gressmen Girl Grandkids in a whole slew of Boys!
(To tell you the truth, the boys are great but these little ones melt my heart)
I am so fortunate to have two lovely sisters and an amazing mom. Every day I am thankful for the "best friends" that my sisters are.
We are all very different, I can be a little bossy and Ali is busy and Brooke is righteous but when is all said and done, I still like to hang out with my sisters whenever I can.
and,
if we are together we better cram in the fun.
So........
after another hike,
we headed to cool down in the water.
WE ARE A HUMAN DAM!
OH!
LOVE THESE SMILES!
Part 2 Cousins, coming right up.
Love it, Love it, Love it!





4 comments:
LOL I love the pics with all the orbs. Don't worry they are positive energy!!! Means there were others there with you :D
This makes me miss you guys! I think we should have a cousin party - but older cousins! hahaha
Bossy, busy and righteous... Love it!
Great pics! I am not very righteous, I try, mostly just a little weird.
Super fun post Shem. I love it.
Post a Comment