Moving into our new house has brought new adventures and new things to do. I am usually one who moves in, unpacks and decorates within in the first few days. This time is different. We moved in at the beginning of sumer and then left and then we got home and then we left again and over and over and over. Summer in Mesquite will always mean traveling for me unless we get a pool in our back yard. It is too hot to live in this weather all summer long. (Truly I am not exaggerating the only thing you usually see are lizards and dead plants hanging around outside.)
Now back to moving......
this time is different because although I am grateful for the things I have I just can't bring myself to put the "things" I have on the wall or back out on the shelves. I am ready for fresh new bright decor and we don't even have any furniture to put upstairs yet. Here in lies the problem... I am also out of money, so my house sits in wait! It wants to be decorated and feel homey again but it is going to have to learn patience. I have come to realize there is no need to hurry (I have years and years to decorate this house of mine).
With this new attitude and the idea of letting the house "sit" a while I decided I would however tackle the garage and clear a space for Rand's truck.
So.........
One day,
I went to unpack the garage and saw the rhino sitting there and because we now live so close to the 4wheeler trails I thought why unpack when you can have fun?
So.......
My garage is still cluttered but the kids and I had fun doing this......
and then I signed the kids up for swimming lessons and stayed at the pool every day like this,
We still didn't clean the garage but instead went to Enterprise and Rand played in the string band and looked like this..
and then after we went Rattlesnake hunting and had to clear the path like this.....
and when all was said and done the garage stayed a mess but Braden and Grandpa were as happy as this!
and we found an old teeter-totter and we were happy like this.
(I was actually happy until I saw this picture and realized that Layla and I are further down than Braden and Rand)... summer eating must have been good to me.
Not cleaning the garage can be so much fun!









1 comment:
That scared me to see Braden so close to that snake!! You are the best blogger. :)
Post a Comment