It seems like everyone I know went to Mt. Rushmore this summer.
You know what, so did we!
For those of you who went or have been in the past my question to you is, was Abraham Lincoln's face always shaved off on the right side, or has it collapsed over time, or was it never finished? I am sure I could google it but Jake and I are having a little bet so I "ask the audience this question" that means my two sisters who occasionally read this.
I was actually surprised how intrigued I was with the President's carved in rock. It really was spectacular and I enjoyed every square "rock" of it.
Although Mt. Rushmore kept me captivated the parking lot kept the attention of these cute little boys.
Isn't a shame that darling little boys with big imaginations turn into crazed teenagers mellowing out to become doting dads and then hit a mid life crisis and buy overpriced sports cars?
( I am not saying this is the norm for all men but I have a hunch it happens to a few)
Thank you Gav-Dog for joining us for the day!
Oh how these little cuties make life fun!
My little rock hounds!
Thank you Nana and Grandpa Delon for instilling a love of rocks and giving my kids an education. Jake taught me more about the rocks at Mt. Rushmore than I ever would have learned had it not been for you both.
Thank you to Heavenly Father for making this little one so absolutely darling to get me through the frequent not so darling times.
One picture of the not so darling times!
The hike was great the view spectacular and the recommendation of the cute little Purple Pig for pie and ice cream was out of this world and worth every expensive penny of it!
(The fact that Layla and BMan were asleep in the car left me with a few lingering "guilty" feelings but I ate that pie in peace without one interruption and that somehow comforted me)! He He!
Keep on Road Trippin!
1 comment:
I say that Mr. Lincoln's face has always been like that up there on Mt. Rushmore. We visited this place when I was a kid, it was great fun. Is Crazy Horse done yet?
And PS, do you still live in Mesquite?
And PPS, I just spilled my lunch on my shirt while reading your blog at my desk. It was just like old times!
Post a Comment