Saturday, November 30, 2013

Seriously so old!


Once in a while you have to look back at your high school days and wonder if they were the best times of your life or the worst.  Did they shape you and mold you into the person you are... or did high school scar you and leave you emotional and insecure.  Pretty drastic comparisons I know but I realize in talking with people they loved it or hated it and there is not usually a middle ground.  


Well,
I loved high school! There was that sophomore year that probably wasn't my favorite, as I figured out what direction I wanted to take and found myself in the middle of some common friend problems.   
But, 
junior and senior year were some happy memories I never want to forget.   
It was a time of care free fun and the occasional homework assignment.  I loved every club, group and  cheer squad I was involved in.
I found myself living in New York when my 10 yr reunion rolled around and I was depressed that I could not attend.   So when my 20 year reunion was creeping around the corner I wondered why I was questioning the thought of even going.  After much contemplation and making sure a few friends from the past were going I got over the fact that I AM SERIOUSLY SO OLD and went to my reunion. Probably a little chunkier then I wanted to be and with a few more wrinkles but guess what, Nobody cared!   I had so much fun and LOVED meeting up with friends.  We talked and talked about the craziness that we once called high school.

It was a night of reminiscing and lots of fun!  (Rand even had fun talking with all the husbands, I think he and Karen's husband Brink would be best friends if we all lived in the same town, they are both hunters, farmers and good ole boys ("rednecks").  

I loved Carbon High, I am proud to be a Dino!
(Even thought that is a weird mascot and we didn't win very many football games)

Grand Canyon - The main hall!
Spent a lot of time in this hall - we don't need to share the details but there were lots of crazy late night times with student government and cheer.............. and I will just have to say they were not all things you want to write about in your family journal.  Wink Wink!


Angela Hamilton -Senior Class President arranged the whole reunion and did a fantastic job!



I had the best group of friends ever!
( I didn't get very many pictures and don't have any of some of my fun friends but here are a few!)










Lots of good times with this group!



No comments: