This leads me to the reason why I am still blogging summer and winter is fast approaching. (I must put a plug in for my blog journal because many pictures are posted and printed in my books at home, so, even if I were to loose my pictures (knock on wood) I would have most of my children's life adventures in my blog books printed.
This is the reason that I am one of the few left standing bloggers of my generation and have not entirely given up blogging to Face booking and Instagraming.
(Don't get me wrong I do Face Book and Instagram(occasionally) but I am a blogger...
I now present to you Summer 2013 in Wintertime..
Looking through summer pictures makes me long for carefree days with my children especially when we are in the craziness of school and piano and scouts and foot ball and flag foot ball and dancing and....and....and....
But,
at the same time I love the weather now and do not wish to be in the heat of summer so I will just look at these pictures and smile.
summertime means................
Walks at dusk by the lake with cousins,
Summertime rain and playground fun.
Mud puddles and gardens and the choice to wear clothes!
(Oh wait, Miss Layla we should always wear clothes even if they are pirate princess clothes, right Lina??)
Lots and lots of drives through the Gorge to escape the Mesquite Heat.
Summertime means seeing the Bighorn Sheep come down to drink the Virgin River.
What's a summer without....
Tuachaun?

Without Black Widows and 4wheeler rides and more cousins
(I will not mention the million of Black Widow babies in my garage, I choose to forget this horrific event in my life.)
and strutting your stuff just because your 3!
Dream Big, be smart and one day boys, your summer dreams might become a reality and you too can drive a cool car like this!
Summer is for trying new things and being brave even if it's your first time, take life as it comes because everything can be an adventure.
Oh my dear children the summer has ended....
your hair is lightened and
your skin is now bronzed,
you have played hard and learned much and been especially fantastic
and
I do believe the summer was fun.
Last but not least, my favorite memories of the summer were......
Little boys that fight all day and then want to cuddle by night.
Sleep overs at Grandpa Gressmen's house and watching you two sleep the exact same way.
One arm up and one outstretched.
Miss Layla making snowmen out of pillows that she gathered around the house while everyone else was sleeping and being so tired from her night adventures that she slept in until 9am.
The Brady Bug Roll Up. Been sleeping like this for 6 years.
The happiness that comes from choosing what to wear every summer morning is at the top of my list. No fights here, no where to go!
Worn out kids from full days of adventure.
Worn out daddies from playing barbies on the grass. He didn't last long but he was there and that's all she wanted.
Love me some summertime!
(Is it weird that my favorite memories are of my kids sleeping - let's not read anything into this, just know they are precious when they are asleep)!
Smile - Wink, Wink



















2 comments:
If I wasn't so dang excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas this would make me want to go back to summer. OOOO the heat does sound good, I am grateful for Thanksgiving in Mesquite this year.
Sorry about your crashed computer. Glad you are still blogging!!!!
Post a Comment