Sunday, December 1, 2013

Who would have thought!!!!


I didn't think it.....
 but she did!

My cute little almost 90 year old grandma decided that it's never to late to keep learning and progressing.  Although grandma has been a  member of the church most of her life she hasn't attended church for as many years as I can ever remember and never been to the temple.  She attended all of our mission farewells, baptisms and blessings but I think with Grandpa being so adamant about being an atheist she just decided not to fight with him about it.  My grandpa was an excellent man and very Christian,  he was alway found doing anything people asked of him.  He just couldn't grasp the concept of faith being confirmed by the spirit and basing your life on something that couldn't be proven seemed ridiculous to him. We had many talks about him taking the opportunity to pray for himself and have his own witness but he decided that faith was not logical.  Believe me, we went the rounds a time or two and at the end of it all, he always thanked me for the heated discussion, I usually went away feeling discouraged that I had let my emotions get me fired up.
Back to grandma....
In the last few months grandma decided to read the Book of Mormon, attend church and prepare to go to the Temple.  It was an amazing day and I am so thankful that I got to attend.  The things that happened that day were wonderful and the peace I felt validated my testimony once again.  I always leave the temple with such happiness and conformation that the way I live my life and teach my children daily are a wonderful way to live.  In the end I am a much better person, mother and wife for living the gospel then I know I would be otherwise.  This is not to say those who choose a different path are not wonderful because I truly have been surrounded by the best people in the world who believe differently than me but for me the gospel is a great recipe for a happy life.  I am fortunate to be surrounded by friends and family members from all different walks of life and with all different opinions. I am thankful for the diversity and the different things people teach me daily.

Whew.,
don't know where that all came from but back to the story....
It was awesome!


And meeting up with cousins after the temple for some yummy Olive Garden was awesome too!
Wish I would have got a picture of the end of the table, sorry Jaidon and the entire West Wing.  You   were important but just not documented in pictures.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe she is 90!! This is awesome!