Another era is passed and Jake is finished with Cub Scouts.
He received his Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, Webelos and finally his Arrow of Light!
No more Pinewood Derby's, no more rain gutter regala's or pack meetings. WHEW!
(Well at least for a few years until BMan enters this new phase of life).
Jake is growing up so fast and I laugh at his funny little personality. Other days I long to have my cute little Jakey back! (Oh how the time flies)! Just the other day he came running out to tell me the new joke he made up and at the end he noticed my force smile and with a puzzling look said, "so was that funny" I simply laughed out loud and said, "no but that question was hilarious". He is going to be such a fun teenager (cross your fingers and toes).
I am happy to say that along with some of my other callings I got to be in Cub Scouts most of the time that Jake was. I am also happy to say that even though the thought of serving in Cub Scouts scared me and the first Day Camp I was involved in made me want to stab needles in my eye, I came out loving my little Cub Scouts and the whole program. Day Camp will still be on my list of (I love it when it's over kind of thing) but all in all, I am glad I was there, participated and shouted out a few cheers.
This little old man has been doing the Arrow of Light Ceremony for like 300 years - I am almost sure of it!
Love this little not so little guy!
It's pictures like this that I wonder where is my brain!
Heaven forbid stop for a minute and think, do the chairs in the background provide the most optimal background for a perfect momentous picture. I think not!
Our new ward has been so great for Jake, lots of boys his age. Good boys who I hope he develops lasting relationships with.
Congrats Jake!






No comments:
Post a Comment