Monday, December 9, 2013

Monroe Madness

Of all the pictures I lost in my tragic computer crash, which I now refer to always in an angry tone (the "lost summer of 2013")  this next set makes me the saddest. 
 However, I am VERY thankful that over and entire 11 years of documented pictures I only lost one summer worth.
Remember the Monroes?  Remember way back when we lived in New York and met our best friends for life?  Well in case you forgot, they are the Monroe's and they have made many an appearance on this blog.  Our family thinks they are pretty cool and we love to play with them every summer!

We went to Idaho for a week of fun and you will never see it!  But if you were to jump into my memory you would see:
laughing,
laughing,
laughing,
4 wheeler riding (around the yard with Luke and Braden)
4 wheeler riding (with moose and Matt and Rand)
shopping (with Shan and me)
eating, eating, eating,
lakes, rivers, kayaking (Luke and Braden by themselves)
laughing, 
laughing,
laughing!

Those would have been the pictures you would have seen but,
this is what was rescued from cell phones.

Abby, Jake and Braden living it up on the raft being pulled by Shan's dad(he is totally cool)!


Shan's Dad and cute little mom (Gary and Glenda)
you also see that Braden decided he liked the boat as an inside guest rather than one being flung around water at an incredible speed holding on for dear life!


Rand perfecting his paddle board skills.


and me, deciding that is is easier to stand sideways than the right way!
(I have to admit, this was fun)
Posting myself in a photo while wearing a  swimming suit (not on the top of my list).



You would see that Layla would never drown because she insisted wearing a life jacket and a tube at all times.


The boys returning back from their paddling man experience.  


I am so sad that you will not see photos of Shan and I spending an hour trying to figure out a "pedal kyak".  We could have been ice skaters for all the whirls and twirls we did, straight lines were not our friends,  you will miss the video of the river cops giving us a ticket and Rand getting all fired up.  And last but not least you will miss the photos of the people we had such a great time with on the porch at night.  Good thing I have an incredible memory.  

No comments: