Guess what? I am finally catching up!
I am only one month behind BUT......... if I don't hurry
it will soon be January and I will not hit my goal of catching up
AHHH!
So in an effort to speedily catch up in the next two days, here goes October and all of it's many highlights.
#1 - See that bulls eye shot! Hit by yours truly and it was the only shot I took of the day.
When you are good you are good, right?
Don't tell anyone that I believe a little luck was involved. SHH!
#2 More messes made by Layla cause that is just how she rolls!
Picnic lunch with the animals (each one of them is named a flavor.. we have Cherry, Red Berry, Coco, Vanilla, Lemon and the doll she named Layla, how original).
We may have a chef on our hands or a girl who just really loves her flavors!
#3 Took time in October to notice the beautiful Mesquite skies!
#4 While the boys are in school sometimes we sneak out to the golf courses to have lunch!
We eat on the veranda so I can pretend we are in Hawaii.
(I really will try to live there one day).
#5
ONE OF THE THE MOST DISGUSTING yet FUNNY STORIES OF THE YEAR.
Jake ran in and told me he killed a bunny in the back yard by throwing a football at it.
He wasn't quite dead but looked like he was a diseased rabbit, which is probably why Jake nailed it with a football. ( I quickly taught him the lesson of God's Creatures are not to be killed unless they are to be consumed and told him he was lucky the rabbit wasn't dead or he would be cooking it for dinner). Hallelujah he didn't kill it because that thing wasn't going anywhere near my kitchen.
He brought the diseased, slightly smashed rabbit in my garage and I immediately made him take it out, (I feared those bugs that crawl up your arm when you touch a rabbit from the wild). During all this excitement Layla thought it was the cutest rabbit ever and had determined to make it her pet. She ran her cute little self into the kitchen to fetch a carrot for her new pet bunny. She came running out before Jake released it back to the freedom of the Mesquite River Valley and begged that if it could not be her pet she should at least be able to feed it. I thought we owed that smashed bunny at least a free meal so I agreed and watched her excitedly force feed that carrot into the diseased rabbits mouth. I believe that at this time the rabbit wished he would have just been killed by the football. The rabbit exercised it's rights and made the decision to have absolutely nothing to do with that carrot. After a time of watching the rabbit not eat I made Jake take it across the road to the field and went inside to hand sanitize my body. When throughly satisfied that I was germ free I went to check on Layla outside........ as I opened the door I witnessed a horrifying event......my darling Miss Layla was eating that carrot that she had just moments before shoved in a diseased rabbits mouth. I puked a little in my own mouth, screamed, ran her inside where I force fed her mouth wash and hoped for the next week that we would not see her come down with EBOLA virus.
To my relief, we are all ok!
#6 Rand took me on a date to the Philip Phillips Concert and this is the great photo I took. We had a fab time even though I wasn't feeling great!
#6 The BMan finished up a season of flag football and had his best go yet. He made touchdowns, pulled flags and hustled his little heart out!
#7 Pine Nut Picking in Hamblin Valley!
Nothing more fun then cousins, nappy hair and a box of Chicken in a Biscuits!
#8 Halloween!
Trick or Treating happened at Ali's this year and we decided it might be a tradition because the houses by her neighborhood are decked out and spookarific!
Such a fun time with the Threets and Grandpa and Grandma Gressmen.
My Beautiful Blue Butterfly!
One Cute Hunter
AND...
My lively Jamaican!
Thanks for the spectacular time!
Yes!
October is complete!







1 comment:
That story was awesome!!!!! Thanks for making me laugh today!
Post a Comment