Why am I so torn?
In my mind Disneyland is magical.
I love the smell of popcorn and churros, the decor, the perfect attention to detail, the cleanliness of the streets right down to the restrooms. I love the smiles on my 3 little ones as they ride a ride that would only make me throw up. I especially love Disneyland at Christmas time...the fake snow at the end of the firework show is just a pleasant bonus. The gorgeous hanging flowers at every turn, the perfected skills at "fast passing"and the magical parade every night are truly some of my favorite things. With all of these magical favorites of mine, how could I possibly be torn and torn by what?
I am wondering if all of that magic is worth the price. We debated taking the kids back to Hawaii with Layla this time because with our sky miles it would have been the same price as three days in Disneyland and hotel.
Rand was assured that if Layla didn't see the princesses at Disneyland soon she would be damaged for life and without admitting it I couldn't wait to see her face when she met her first one.
With all of this said, I am not going to worry about my simple dilema because what's done is done and we have memories to last forever.
We chose the perfect time to go and only waited in line about 15 minutes for even the longest lines or chance to meet a princess. This is the boys all lined up and so so excited to meet Tinkerbell with Layla and me. They, however, were not disappointed when she turned out to be adorable. He He.
Rand you could of at least pretended she wasn't so cute!
We scored in California Adventure when we were chosen to be the first guests of the Haunted Mansion / Tower of Terror! We rode on a trolley with Chip and Dale and they escorted us to the Tower of Terror and we got our own private elevator with fast pass tickets to come back at anytime of the day. (by the way this is Jake's all time favorite ride)!
Chip and Dale were so cute with the kiddos and it was indeed magical!
Seriously look at Jake and Rand, have you seen this pose before?
Layla and I decided that Small World was by far our favorite ride!
(even though at Christmas they sing Jingle Bells)
The BMan was FINALLY tall enough for most every ride. He rode Indiana Jones three times and decided that it was his most favorite....on the other hand from the look on his face, Space Mountain was not.
Cars land is new in California Adventure and it was totally rad! How's that for 80's vernacular? Do you think the guy in this picture liked me screaming behind him the entire time?
While the boys rode scary rides Layla and I just happened upon these three princesses without a line. Layla let them know the important things like:
It snows a lot where we are from ( Mesquite??)
she must have had stage fright.
She also informed Ariel that she was not her favorite but Aurora was.
She had them all laughing.
I want to be Cinderella when I grow up, she was gorgeous!
Love this crazy family and all their personalities!
I ask again, was it worth it?
Looking back, I say yes!
She barely made it out of the parking lot on our way home.
















1 comment:
How fun, who knows maybe one day we'll save enough to go with you.
Post a Comment