Tuesday, November 10, 2015

End of year Activities (June 2015)

It's 4 am and I can't sleep, I have been sick for three days and if I am lucky I just might make it.  I have this internal clock that for the last three days pulls my body from a peaceful slumber at 3:21 am. It sends me in to sheer panic knowing that I will never go back to sleep.  How in the world does your body know how to wake up within minutes of the same time every day?   This is how it goes, I wake up with a lovely headache, look at the clock, lay there determined to "sleep" and then after thirty minutes of unsuccesful sleep I get up, drink hot chocolate and search the Internet.  I am sure that this continued lack of sleep will allow me to have all the patience in the world today with my children and my students. (Sense a huge amount of sarcasm)
(You wouldn't even know that I am teaching this year because I haven't blogged for months)  

As I am "productively" searching the Internet this morning  I came across my blog that is so behind and thought I would throw something up.  (That seems like an appropriate phrase to use "throw something up" -it's how I am feeling).    So here is what I have to "throw up" this morning.

At the end of the school year last year our elementary with it's famous Coach Durbin at the helm puts together a triathlon.  Braden was so nervous he wouldn't do well but we assured him his best effort was good enough.  He has some fast, competitive kids in his class and he was willing to give it his all.  Running was the event he was most nervous for but he hung in there and made up some serious time on the scooters.  His backward kick off was an amazing technique and he soon found his way to the front of the "middle" pack. 



I have to give credit where credit is due.  Where most kids hung on to the wall in the swim, little BMan swam his heart out and in the end finished strong!



A few of his good buddies finished right around the same time.
Ammon, Dagen, Dallin and Zondrus. 


While Braden was running to the end of the year, Miss Layla was skipping across the stage.  
Layla graduated from Sunshine Academy with Miss Janeece as her teacher.  She spent the year in fit and giggles whenever Adler would talk to her and I worry for the future of a little girl who is already boy crazy at five years old!  If Adler even comes near she is a mess of giggles and tells me everyday that his freckles are the cutest thing she has ever seen!  

Crowning Moment:  When Layla was asked what she wanted to be when she grows up and she took the microphone and stated that a cheerleader would pretty much fulfill her dreams.  
(I need to work on her goals).  But, seriously can I help it if she just feels the rhythm deep within her bones?



Grandma and Grandpa Hardy were there for her special day!


Oh Adler and Layla , you are the cutest!


1 comment:

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

I love it and laughed my butt off at Layla's whole section, and....your sarcasm of course. You are hilarious.