Saturday, January 2, 2016

Costa Rica Continued (I don't know what days)!

Our trip was full to the brim with fun in the sun!  
Some families lay on the beach and relax (you know the "vacation kind of families")  our family usually ends vacations needing another one so we can rest.  Chilling on the beach is very well and all but activities and agendas make Rand's "Red Personality" smile from the inside out... so,
we play and play and play!



We Fish and we Fish and We Fish.
(And if you are Mikey - you puke and you puke and you puke)
SORRY MIKEY, OH AND DALLIN AND IAN
That's a lot of puke but not everyone got locked in the bathroom just poor, poor, ?


Colten caught a Blue Marlin and Ian caught a sail fish while Rand just smiled the whole time.  
Poor Mikey, he just kept puking and puking.




After the boys returned home from fishing we sat in the gorgeous lobby and did what every good family would do.  We laughed at ?  and were a little stunned that he was locked in the bathroom for that long.  I remember thinking that our big stud husbands have little weak sea sick tummies.  So glad I wasn't on that boat - I would have died.

While the boys fish and fish and fish us girls do what girls should do.  What's that you say?  We drive to sketchy parts of Costa Rica and meet chocolate makers who say they make chocolate out of their homes.  We then trust him and proceed to his backyard to make chocolate out of cocoa plants and then we hit the local beachside cafe for some yummy lunch.  (Not kidding here the best burger I have ever had).

This is me in the backyard of the "supposedly" chocolate making man.  I felt just like I was on the verge of doing something a lot crazier than making chocolate.  I was ready at any moment to bring out my kung fu skills if he tried anything on my mother in law or sis - in -laws. 

After all my mind playing tricks in the end...
WE JUST MADE CHOCOLATE!



Does he look a little sketchy to you?






After surviving the day of fishing and chocolate making we found ourselves more comfortable doing what we do best.
Eating..........

(I have to include after this dinner we had a little juvenile fun!)  We either need to grow up or start drinking with the rest of the world but us "Mormons" don't need a drink to have a downright good time.  We played Sardines throughout the whole resort and you could have found all of us hiding on the floor waiting for the last seeker to find us.  So many laughs to be had.


Swimming............


and being thrown into the ocean by your supposed to be protector!



Let's not forget boating out to a private island for a little snorkeling fun!
















No comments: