Thursday, September 29, 2016

Vacations have turned into.......

Coming home,
and that's ok with me. 
 When home is 17 1/2 hours away you realize that you are not going to be there as much as you used too or want to be.  But alas, I will continue to look at the positives,
such as:
(every time I say "such as" I think of that beauty contestant who completely bombed her interview, 
"you know, such as the Iraq")

Back to my list of positives:
We will be the cool cousins who only get seen once a year.
We will get to stay at our families house instead of going home after a day of fun.
We will always make the most of every trip together because who wants to waste time when the next time around might be a while.
My positivity astounds me.

Our first trip home was as fun as I thought it would be and hanging with my sisters is alway a recipe for a most excellent time.   For a day of fun in the sun we headed to the Cedar Reservoir. That's right, a lake in Cedar City.  Of course it is man made but it was oodles of fun.  Anytime you can drive 10 minutes,  drive your car up to the beach (benefit of not having to lug your stuff very far) and hang out for the day is fine by me.  


Cousins are what makes the heart happy.

"Time passes and we may be apart.  But cousins always stay close at heart!"
 

"Play is the highest form of research"


"We all had a playroom growing up, it was called outside"






"A cousin is a ready made friend for life"


"Happiness is a cousin who is like a sister"
And for Miss Layla these are the closest to sisters she will have.



"In the summer at the end of the day you should smell like dirt"








1 comment:

The Christians said...

I've never seen these cute pictures!