Sunday, March 9, 2008

Random thoughts on a Monday

I was just wondering if there was such a thing as to much camo? Jake has been in a phase for the last two years of wanting to wear camouflage every day. Even when he starts the day in something normal he usually ends up with camo pants and a camo shirt with a camo jacket. Just recently he has acquired an interest for Davey Crockett so along with the camo we also get the joy of seeing him in a coonskin hat. Should I be worried? I am starting to realize that a phase last for months and not years so I think we are in big trouble.

Even though he is wearing camo, he looks pretty cute and the view from our house is beautiful!




This picture is actually from a few weeks ago but I forgot about it and thought it was so funny. We were at the park with ShaRee and Paul and kids and Braden had a blast on the swings in fact he had so much fun he spewed, the picture shows it all. Notice Jake is again wearing camo pants, shirt and jacket!


We have been home a month now from getting Braden and we still have not found the time to do their new rooms. So, Saturday we finally got started. Jake's room is being redone from toddler to big boy and Braden's room is going to go from guest room to nursery. My goal is to have both rooms done and painted before Easter I just hope it happens. I have decided that our biggest problem is that when Rand gets off work we play and on weekends we try to fit as much fun in as possible. This is great for family time but bad for getting things done around the house. However, I have justified this by knowing that summer is coming and then we stay inside all day unless we are in the mountains. So we will continue playing until the weather gets hot.

Rand, Jake and Braden putting together Jake's new bed! Jake turned all the side rails into a race track which did not help Rand much but kept Jake and Braden entertained.

5 comments:

The Hawkins Gang said...

In the words of Scott Gressmen "there is no such thing as too much camo!" hahaha At least Jake wears camo and not some random outfit - like mismatching clothes! LOL Miss you guys!

NatPalmer said...

Haha! I love how serious Jake is posing with his coon skin hat & plastic knife. It reminds me of when Garrett went through a cowboy phase when he was 4 & would sleep in his boots.
Can I come live at your house until Spring is in full bloom here? It looks beautiful there!
Oh- & I can relate to the room changes. We are in the middle of remodeling/moving around furniture so that the nursery has the crib & Logan will have a big boy bed. I hope ours is done soon too!
~Natalie

The Christians said...

Your blog makes me miss you guys too much sometimes. Your kids are beautiful.

Ian and Lara said...

I love the puke picture! Malia said ooohhh I miss my cousins! I think Gunner is close with the camo thing, but it is Ian who dresses him, he came home with a bright orange shirt and a new camo one this week. We miss you guys!

Cox Family said...

Shemri, I am so happy for you. I just love looking at all the pictures of your cute family and your two cute boys. Braden is so adorable and does look a little like Jake. I am glad everything is going well for you. I miss Mesquite and going on our walks. Keep in touch!