This is a very crazy thing to point out but if you click on this picture and look at it closer you will see Jake and Braden have the same ears, it was the first thing I noticed when we met Braden. I love when I share the random thoughts of my mind publicly for the world to read. :)
Jake is pretty excited that he finally gets to be a big brother and my friend Tammy who spoils them both rotten bought them these matching jammies!
Rand and I are both involved with the Scouts, I am mostly involved with the Cub Scouts and in an attempt to raise money we spent last Saturday Turtle Fencing. To be politically correct we were tortoise fencing. This is very hard work! Now before any of you think I am an animal hater I do feel sorry for these little turtles who get ran over on the freeway but with that being said......the amount of work that goes in to building a fence for them..is it worth it? I don't know? First of all it took about 30 of us working for four hours to do 600 feet we get to go back this Saturday to finish 600 more. How do you turtle fence you might ask? Let me explain, you first start digging, and then dig some more. You have to remember that you are digging on top of rocks that never were meant to be moved. Do you know what sound a shovel makes when it hits a rock (it is like fingernails on a chalkboard). Second, you install wire mesh fences so that the little turtles don't go through. Until Saturday I did not know that turtles could dig. Who knew?? Lastly, you cover up the holes that you spent all morning digging and then you smile because you know you saved the life of a turtle. This is hard labor and I have the blisters to prove it!! I guess one of these days I will develop a stronger love for little turtles but right now I don't feel the love. Oh well, the Cub Scouts will get to go to day camp now. On the bright side, Jake loved it because he got to hang out with the big boys all day and thought he was so cool.
Six months old and Braden sits up! We are so proud. He also says, "Da, Da" and is in the process of getting his first tooth. Every day we see new changes in him and realize just how much happiness he has brought our family!
7 comments:
Their ears are the same. That is pretty dang cute.
That is so cute about the ears! I love how Jake looks so protective of Braden. I love that you put up a tortois fence! That is hilarious!
That is one handsome fella you've got there..
So turtle roadkill is a real problem in Mesquite, eh? Who knew?!!!
PS..did you know that I say "what d'ya reckon" ALL THE TIME!?!
Hey Shemri-
The candle stick are so easy! I saw them at a store, so I bought wood and unfinished wood plaques at Michaels, painted them and there ya go! Come to Enterprise 4th Ward April Enrichment and we'll make ya some! Cutest kids ever!!!!
Anytime you want to do pics, just call me, I am game. I showed Kirby the part about the turtles, we thought that it was funny, he isn't down with all that save the turtle stuff. Let me just tell you I don't think I have ever seen a dead turtle, or A TURTLE for that matter. But doesn't all that hard work make ya feel good!
oooo... love and miss you guys so much! and your profile looks bomb!!! i've got some catching up to do!!!
Post a Comment