Monday, April 28, 2008

April News

One of my first dates with Rand was a spontaneous trip to Mexico. Because it was one of our first dates he was trying to impress me and bragged that he could do a back flip. I now wonder to myself why he thought this would impress me? It must have worked because here I am with him all this time later. Well I double dared him to do one and he did a free standing backflip that night on the beach. (What a stud!) I am proud to say that after 10 years Rand can still do a back flip with the help of a trampoline. Wow, I am a lucky girl, who's husband is as talented as mine!!!!!



We love Zion's National Park. A couple of Saturday's ago Rand was on call so I took the kids hiking with the Brackens. We took a picnic and hiked the Emerald Pools Trail. I lucked out because Braden's wonderful uncles packed him for me and I had the pleasure of just hiking!

Here is the hiking group, where is Charlene, Lara, Gunner and Malia? (oh probably in the bathroom).

Jakey and his buddy Trey! Grandma is always up for some fun!


"Thanks Uncle Paul for the ride, you're the greatest!"


"Thanks Uncle Coco for the ride, you are great too!"


"Is this why they call it Emerald Pools?" This trail was beautiful there are two waterfalls one of them you walk under and the other is huge!


I love my boys! Thanks for hiking with me.



Hanging in the backyard with cousins, does it get any better than this?



Jake loves Grandma & Grandpa Bracken's Farm, so we try to get there at least once every two weeks and more if we can. While we were playing at the farm Jake got to feed one of the baby cows who is an orphan and had so much fun playing with his cousins Malia and Gunner! Braden missed everything because he was asleep in grandma's van (not to worry there will be a million times to feed cows at the farm).

3 comments:

Colten and Megan said...

Hey How's it going?
I have a question for the blogger expert... I created a playlist and is there an easy way to get it onto my blog? It confuses me.

The Hawkins Gang said...

Any man that can do a backflip is good in my books! You've got a keeper! haha

Gretchen said...

Declan wants to be like Jake and feed a cow, he thought that was pretty cool.