A couple of weekends ago Rand came home from work and said to pack the kids up because he got a hotel in California and we were going on a road trip. Rand has always been spontaneous and ready for an adventure so I am glad that I am too! We packed up the kids and headed for a weekend in San Diego at the Wild Animal Park and beach. To say the least we had a blast. Braden did great on the drive and Jake helped by entertaining in the back seat. I took so many pictures that I can't post them all here so I will post the rest on our other website if you want to see more.
While at the Wild Animal Park I made an observation! I often find Rand and Jake wearing the same outfits, I think I must do this subconsciously because I never notice until we are out and about. They just looked so cute together I had to take a picture.
This was Braden's first carousal ride, I think???? He wasn't sure at first but loved it by the end.
Jakey loved the lions! The lions on the Land Rover are real. We love the Wild Animal Park because most of the animals are all together in huge fields like you would see them in Africa and not in small zoo cages. The lions of course were separate so they would not prey on the animals around them. It was so fun to be there with Jakey because he knew all the African animals like Springboks and Inlays. I wish I could take the credit for teaching my son about the animals in Africa but he learned about them from playing Cabellas Big Game Hunter on the XBox with dad.
I think this egg hatched two little monsters! Adorable I might add!
Jakey loved the Flamingos.
Braden went crazy in the petting zoo, he loves animals!
We had so much fun at the beach even though it was freezing! Braden, however, did not know he was at the beach he was so tired from the Wild Animal Park he slept for 2 1/2 hours. So no fun pictures of Braden at the beach until June when we go again.
When we first got to the beach we told Jake it was to cold to swim so he kept happy finding seaweed.
He then decided he would just wade but not get wet, because the wind was howling! So dad rolled up his shorts!
The temptation of jumping over a wave took over his mind and body and he could not control the urge to plunge into the sea. (I think this was a phrase from a romance novel).
Do I even need to say what happened next?

We also went to the San Clemente Pier, it was beautiful. Rand served his mission in this area so he knew where all the cool spots were. Again my little tired Braden missed out on all the fun!
7 comments:
That sounded like it was so much fun. How cute your little family of four is. Also how great that you two are still spontaneous! You guys are great! Love the pictures!
Shemri,
Look how cute you are. What a fun family. Thought I would say hi.
Denette Steen (Davis)
I always tell my girls that the water is too cold but it never stops them either. You guys need to spontaneously take a trip to Yosemite.
how fun! We loved looking at all your pictures! Jakey is getting too big, he seems so much older than all the 5 year olds I know. We miss, especially Jonathan.
I love that you guys are spontaneous! Our spontaneous trip consists of driving the new castle for a soda! WOO WOO!
Where do you get your fun backgrounds?
Shem, those pictures of Jake are like the cutest things in the whole world. By the way, I hate these little guess the letter things in order to publish your comment. I can't ever do them. Just thought you might want to know.
Post a Comment