Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's a...............................

Yesterday we had our ultrasound and I am happy to say that our due date was changed to Feb. 21. I am also happy to say that our baby has two arms, two legs, a beautiful spine, a heart and a brain. Those were all the things I was looking for in a baby! Let's see if you can guess what we are having!
Our baby will probably have a desire to do the following:

Pretend the galaxy is at war! Setting up Jedi Knights and their trusty clone troopers to fight for the Republic, protecting planets from large armies of battle droids.


This baby will want Jake to teach him how to come up with an Obi-Wan Kenobi costume.

This baby will learn from Braden how to climb and how to decide where the best places for a relaxing afternoon can be!

This baby will probably be drawn to digging like big brother Braden even if it means pulling all the peat moss out of the plant and loading into your wagon.


If you have not guessed it, we are having another boy! The testosterone is overflowing already in this household and I am severely outnumbered. Jake was ecstatic and came up with the names "Slash", or "Ben Kenobi" these are the only names he will consider. Braden was just happy to be alive and Rand and I are very excited. I will leave you with thoughts from Jake as he went to bed last night....."Mom, it is so cool that we are going to have four boys in our family and only one girl because boys rule and girls drool", he then preceded to tell me that "girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider and boys go to college to get more knowledge". I am so proud of all the learning he is doing at Kindergarten I will now reshape his sexist thought patterns! You gotta love boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

Mindi said...

That was a great post! So funny! Jake is such a character. Congrats again, I am so excited for you!

Colten and Megan said...

Congrats! I guess Heavenly Father just wanted you to be blessed with lots of boys. :)

Deborah said...

Yeah! A comrade!

Ian and Lara said...

Congratulations! I bet it's so nice to have your due date moved up even if it is a few days, it's a few days more you don't have to think about being pregnant! Jake and Braden are so cute! How fun to have another little boy to join in!

Ashlee said...

Congrats. Another Boy!! That is so exciting. You are like the perfect boy Mom. Not that you wouldn't be a perfect girl mom but Boys just fit you. I am still just so happy for you and can't believe you are actually prego. POST PICTURES!!! I really want to get together with you guys. I am bummed nothing worked out this summer. Even if we just do dinner in St. George or something or we come down there. Wade would love to go golfing with Rand. Anyway, love ya tons. Talk to you soon!!

Jared & Shannon said...

Congrats! You are so outnumbered but your boys are so cute! My mom said you wanted my blog address. Its jnsbladfamily.blogspot. Congrats again on the baby boy. I am so excited for you guys!

Lisa Rene said...

I'm back in the blogging world and congratulations! Welcome to my world! Tell Jake that girls go to Mars to get more candybars.

Shelly said...

Be glad you are having another boy. Boys are so much easier than girls...in my opinion anyway. I love my girls, but Luke is way easier to raise!! Congratulations.

Mical and Diana said...

Congrats! I think I'm going to have to go with Ben Kenobi for my vote. (He might get made fun of if you name him Slash.)

Rosalyn said...

Jake just cracks me up. You always said that you wanted 5 boys for your own basketball team, remember!! Only two more to go.

Julie said...

That's great news! Kason has already tried to teach out 3 day old how to build a train track and which sharks are nice and which ones eat seals. Your boy are going to have so much fun with him. Congrats Tige and Julie

NatPalmer said...

I vote for Slash. :)
Jake is a hoot! Congrats on being outnumbered, but in a good way. :)

Melinda said...

WOW!!! I can only imagine what it would be like to have even MORE male hormones coursing through your home. :) Just think of all the camo you'll own.

Congratulations!

Melinda

The Hawkins Gang said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! My whole family says congrats! Love you guys!

Gretchen said...

Welcome to the Boys club.

.mel. said...

Congrats, I'm so excited for you!! House full of boys- wow!

Heather said...

Congrats Shemri and boys! You can handle all the boys, you are the perfect match for them!

Casey and Jana said...

Awesome!! Now you know how Casey feels being so out numbered by girls. He says it takes a real man to raise a house full of girls. So that must mean that it takes a real woman to raise a house full of boys!! Right. So now you need to share the secret on how to get a boy. We might just share the opposite with you. He He He