Monday, December 15, 2008

"Dum Dums" they work like magic!

After 10 months of hoping Braden's hair would go curly I have come to the sad conclusion that it will only be curly in the tub, or for five minutes after I comb it...the rest of the day it just looks like he needs a haircut. With this conclusion in mind I finally gave Rand the go ahead to cut those would be curls off!

Braden was not happy about his first haircut (just like his mom) and screamed in angry loud tones....



Jake being the smart one knew what Braden needed to ease his anger and brought him a "Dum Dums" sucker. Let's just say the magic began. Braden transformed into a lovely child and did not even mind that his orange flavored sucker was sprinkled with fly away hair, he just sat there eating hair and smiling away. He even let Rand bring out the clippers! "Dum Dum's" are just like magic!





After all was said and done, Braden gave dad a "thumbs up" for a job well done!


Last but not least, Jake made Braden an awesome Lego Battleship for being such a good boy during his first haircut. Sidenote...as soon as Braden started playing with his reward Jake quickly stole it back and gave Braden a ball to play with. It's the thought that counts,,,, right?

10 comments:

tsroybal said...

First hair cuts always make them look older.. But he looks so cute and thanks for the tip on the dum dum suckers, I'll have to try that. Mom said to tell you hi by the way and she misses you.

Me and The Boys said...

ok- i better try the dum dums because hair cuts definitely bring out the darker side of our Brayden! Oh...and yours is too cute!

Ian and Lara said...

Braden is so cute even without the curls! We will have to try that with Gunner, but he just hates having the hair all over him. I love Braden's thumbs up!

Julie said...

Ah yes, we use the sucker trick as well. If his second hand won't stay out of the way, give that hand one too. Two suckers to eat and you're sure to get a great haircut! (If it gets too hairy, just squirt it off with a water bottle).

Denise said...

He is so cute. He reminds me a lot of Mason at that age. I wish that Dum Dums would work with giving Ty a hair cut, but I seriously doubt it. Kenneth and I put together cannot get that child still enough to cut his hair. He is so strong and so needs a hair cut, but for now we just slick it back with hair gel when it needs to look good.

Melinda said...

Dum Dums DO work magic! Chase loves them. I put them on top of the fridge in a jar and Chase literally goes crazy whenever he sees them. Throws a fit if I don't give him one.

I have to say that Braden's little belly looks cute hanging over his diaper :)

Heather said...

What a cutie pie! Dum Dums are genius except when I couldn't find the other half of the stick after I gave it to James one day. Pretty sure he digetsed it. Oh well!
Cute hair cut!

Cluff Family said...

Shem,
Dums dums I swear by them! They also do the trick when potty training! I hope the family is doing well!
Monica

The Hawkins Gang said...

LOL Jake cracks me up... That's something you would have done to us! LOL Brayden looks awesome! Such a cutie!

Mary said...

Leave it up to the big brother to save the day. John is good at helping me with Jess and Abbi as well. I love the lego ship that Jake made and most definitely it is the thought that counts. Both of your boys are darling.