Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is Christmas over already?

I can't believe it is Jan. 7, 2009! I believe that as I get older time passes by much faster. Do you think that is true? My whole life I was waiting for something... waiting to go to school, waiting to meet new friends, waiting to get a drivers license, graduate high school, graduate college, get married, (you get the point). Now it's as if I am not waiting but desperately hoping that events don't pass by before I blink. My little boys are growing up so fast and at first I was excited for all the new changes, (walking, talking, kindergarten, etc.) but now... all I want is for time to freeze. (Well maybe time can freeze when Braden is potty trained but then we can pause life for a year or two)! Wow! That was rambling at it's best... Here enjoy a few pics! We had a Christmas Eve's Eve's party at my house (huge tradition with my family). We played lots of fun games including cut the flour, choose a leg (both stole from my good friends the Homers in New York and my favorite game....Liars! We found out some very interesting things about the people in my family but Paul and Colten's put everyone else to shame! Christmas morning was so much fun this year it was just our little family. This is only the second time in 10 years this has happened. Jake was so excited he was still awake at midnight watching the news and Santa' tracker. Rand got called into the ER on Christmas morning early but was home before either of the boys woke up!

8 comments:

Dave Harris Family said...

You have got the most darling boys! I agree with you that time is flying way to fast. Jaycee just turned 8! Where did the time go?

The Christians said...

The past few days I have wanted time to freeze as well. Tyler has already changed in two weeks and McKinley became a big girl when he was born. I want to learn your fun games.

Everitt's said...

OK what is cut the flour? Oh and such cute pics of the boys!

Riss said...

Cute boys! I can't believe how fast time is flying either. I don't remember getting older, do you?

Julie said...

What fun traditions. Those games sound like a hoot--perhaps you need to invite us down to play wiht you something (or you could come up!)

Happy new year! I also agree--time is flying too fast. The older I get the faster things go.

Mary said...

I must say that I have never heard of any of the games you played Christmas Eve. They sound fun though and I would love to learn how to play them.

Denise said...

I say the same thing every day and just this morning I said, " I can't believe that it is already Friday". I am glad that it is the weekend, but not that another week has gone by and before we know it January will be half way gone. This world has become so fast paced and we are always constantly running to something that it is literally flying by. I wish times were much more simple. Before we know it our kids will be grown up and having kids of their own. Cole gets baptized in less than a month and I can't believe that he is almost 8. Where has the time gone?????

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.