Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why is this not me??


Beware I think this is a rant!!!! So, I have been on vacation in the Bahamas for the last week (post with pictures coming soon) and because of this I have not checked any blogs. Well it just happens that Rand is at Young Mens and I had both my boys in bed and asleep by 7:15 pm. It is now 8:00 pm and I have been stalking blogs ever since.
This is what I have learned by stalking blogs.

1. Most women have it way more together then I do!

2. If the women who wrote blogs published them most of them would top the best sellers list. (I have seriously laughed, cried and marveled over the descriptive, humorous writings of blog writers tonight).

3. How in the world do you keep up with the amazing women out there? I am simply amazed at what women are doing on a daily basis. They are coupon cutting thrift queens, seamstresses, vets, doctors, interior decoraters, family historians, tutors, comedians, talented musicians, etc. etc. etc. These stay at home blogger moms and the ones who work are amazing.

4. I am quite dumbfounded at what women accomplish. Let me give you a few examples... I follow a blog from a girl I met on my mission who daily blogs about an activity to do with your children. I will have you know these activities are not the kind I spontaneously come up with at desperate times. These activites bring play time to new dimensions. I follow a blog of girl from my home town who should be a writer for a comedy show. Her blog is absolutely hysterical and her humor comes from normal daily events. I follow a blog of a woman trying to loose weight and her motivation floors me. I stalk another blog of a woman who has special needs children and has never complained once. She is changing the world with her positive attitude. There are so many women who blog about their community service and church callings and all the good they do in the world. My cousin blogs about cooking and working out and is so excited to share a new recipe or song to work out with.

5. To sum this all up, tomorrow instead of blog stalking I am going to work on something creative working towards the goal of being cultured and refined. When I am done with that I am going to cook a gourmet meal to promote conversation and family unity only to follow that up with some reading of historical biographies or some Talmage, don't forget a cardio workout and some special quality time with my hubby. Then I too can be a real woman.

In reality I will probaby read some Dr. Seus with Jake and Braden, put the kids to bed clean up the mac and cheese, walk to the front door picking up toys (cardio) and ask Rand what his day was like and read a few blogs.

Last but not least kudos to those of you who are doing the things you do keep up the good work.

12 comments:

The Hawkins Gang said...

You're so cute! You are an inspiration to many of us - you just don't realize it!

Pamela, Shaun, Jaidaella, ZoaJaynna, MykaElyja said...

LOL... your just to Awsome... looking forward to the pics... (see if you did all that I wouldn't be able to see your pics becouse you would not have time to post the photos)

NatPalmer said...

Shem, the thing you don't realize is that many of us love reading YOUR blog! :) I see all the fun activities you do as a family, how cute your house is decorated, how postive you are through trials, etc, & am inspired by you.
The awesome women I also read about can do their thing & I'll just be satisfied with having a clean house some of the time, being an okay cook & getting my excercise by chasing my boys around. :)

Me and The Boys said...

Shemri- to me YOU ARE super woman!

M.S. said...

You are an amazing mother too! I don't know how you manage with boys. I could never do it! I'm so happy with my girls. By the way, I stalk your blog... in case you didn't know.

Rasmussen Family said...

Ahhh...this is were you went wrong. Trying to compare yourself to others and NOT giving yourself credit for ALL the wonderful things you do and for your own special talents and gifts. You do things that I haven't been able to do yet! Besides...blogs usually don't describe bad day, sassy kids, juggling bills, boring jobs, friends and other crazy things we don't want to share... Smile :), We all love you!!!! ps you need to join our family genealogy tree(just one more thing to do, right?)

Riss said...

Here's what I think: My babies are still small so all of that amazing contribute to society, be crafty and fit can wait until they are in school all day and I am home alone. Then I will do all of the things I want to do like play the piano and guitar, work out and get thin and be crafty. There will be time for everything else, and if not - oh well. Call me, world traveler.

Mary said...

Shemri, you are funny. Your post made me laugh so that would make you a comedian and in the past your post have made me cry from ispiration. So don't sell yourself short. We all have our special talents that God has blessed us with. I know that I certainly cannot keep up with all of those super mom's that are out there. Your boys are very lucky to have such a wonderful mother, and Rand is lucky to have such a beautiful wife.

Hopes Family said...

Shemri: Lol. you always say such funny things. I love to read your blog. You always have so much to say. I never have something good to say. We love having you in are family. you mean alot to me.

tsroybal said...

You are just as amazing as the rest of us moms/women. Your blog is just as inspiring, etc. I love to read what you have to say.

Jamie W said...

You totally crack me up. I just love you - do you know that?

What blogs show:(besides that mom that does those daily crafts - I saw her blog and she really IS amazing) The special moments we want posterity to remember

What blogs do not show: The utter disarray of the kitchen; the television show our children are watching so we can blog; the mountain of laundry we should be folding; and the frustrated words and/or thoughts we just shouted at our children and/or husband. (at least this is true for me!)

So don't sell yourself short. You are a gorgeous, hilarious, fantastic wife, mother, and friend who obviously just needs some glasses to see herself more clearly!

Lance and Celeste said...

I found this info on another blog and thought you'd might be interested. it's about turning your blog into a book you know for journal keeping. go to www.blurb.com find the tab that says "book ideas" and click on blog books.