Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fun to be had by all!

Superbowl weekend came and went and our little Braden was sick, sick, sick. My dad and Cherri came down for the weekend and the kids had a ball hanging out with them. (When I say, "had a ball" does this mean I am old?? This phrase sounds like I am at least 75 maybe next time I will say, "had a blast" or is that to 1990's???) Anyhow... Dad and Rand went golfing and Cherri and I did some much needed retail therapy in St. George!!

So Sad!!!The doctor did not want Braden to lay down to sleep because he was having such a hard time breathing so we would prop him on the couch but he kept falling over and would not even wake up! (Side note.... I have been doing a little research on grammar girl and I think I will always be confused of when to say lay or lie.. would it be the doctor did not want Braden to lie down to sleep or lay down to sleep?) You think because I taught Speech/Comm. I could remember this rule??? Wow that was way off of my sick little baby let us turn the focus back on him! :(

All he wanted was his blanket and his little couch!

With some good drugs in him he ventured into the backyard for some ball, this lasted about 15 min before he was to tired.

Grandpa even though you still know how to slide, you are outta there!!!

Silly grandpa climbing walls are for little guys!

8 comments:

tsroybal said...

I'm sorry to hear your little guy was sick. I hope he is feeling better now and you to. You dad hasn't changed a bit.

Ian and Lara said...

That is so sad little Braden was sick, that is no fun! Loved your Bahama pictures! Looked like so much fun!

Heather said...

Hope the little man is feeling better. Love your dad's slide.

.mel. said...

You make me laugh... you do not sound like an old lady!

What days do you guys go to the park again? I've been meaning to go, but Hallie always seems to be sleeping or I forget. One of these days I'll get there. :)

Riss said...

Rule o thumb: Lay is objects, Lie is for people. If you get a minute, email me your home phone number so I can call you and not waste you cell minutes. My cell phone doesn't work at my house. Nothing surprises me in WV.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

That picture where he fell over is so cute! I love it. How come you didn't put that dad is way addicted to video games now. I thought you guys couldn't pull him away from it.

Elizabeth said...

I don't want to sound like the know it all but I think that you "lay" down an object and if it's a person, you "lie" down.. I could be wrong.

Branch said...

shemri, thanks for the coment a while ago about my huntin story. Glad you/your sister got a laugh out of it (don't take much to get you all to laugh). My wife has been telling me to thank you for a while now, I am a little slow. You should feel lucky, I don't do much on this blogg stuff. My father kept our family up to date regarding you and we hope that things continue to improve for you and your family. Take it easy and tell your family hello from eWic