Sunday, February 15, 2009

In the 1980's............................

"Mom, take a picture of this cool sniper hole! They made this hole in the wall clear back in like the 1980's when there was a big war and a big battle for freedom!" These were Jake's words as we were hiking in Zion's the other day. I did not have the heart to tell him that I was alive in the 1980's and America had already fought for their Independence.

My hubby possess a wonderful talent for skipping rocks, I think he could probably skip rocks on the grass using only the water of a simple sprinkler head. He takes the opportunity to pass on this incredible talent to my excited little learners at every creek, river and lake that crosses our path.

If you will notice we all look pretty happy to be starting our hike except for Braden who was chucking a huge spat because he did not want to be in the stroller.

Now compare this picture to the one above. May I just point out that this is not a proud parenting moment for us but you can clearly see that Braden was triumphant. Proving that his parents will give in at a certain point and let even a one year old be the boss.

My boys are the cutest in all the land! (Speaking from a very bias source)

What a great day in Zions!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I am really jealous that you have weather nice enough to go for a hike. I love the snow that we get, but I hate the cold that has to come with it.

Shelly said...

That is so funny! The 1980's...is it really that long ago??? It looks like it was a perfect day for some family fun at Zion.

Hopes Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun. me and luke would love to go there, but we would ride a horse we are to lazy to hike. you guys do so much fun stuff.

Julie said...

Great pictures--looks like a fun outing. We went for a hike at Snow Canyon last weekend. Next time you guys are hiking up here, give us a call and we'll come too. We love hiking--Kason says "we're mountain climbers!"

Rosalyn said...

Look at you guys! You are always doing something fun! I just wish the weather was nice here.

tsroybal said...

I would love to have the weather you do and be able to go hiking and play outside all the time. What fun you have.