
I normally would stay away from writing things of a more personal nature on our blog but with that being said I also feel it is so important to write down the events in my life that make me a more thankful person.
A small disclaimer to those of you who frown at the thought of being sappy or just plain don't like sentimental things you should probably skip this entry and wait for the next dancing video of Braden or the next crazy thing Jake comes up with! (Assuming that there are people who read our blog:)!
This week our little Jesse was supposed to come into the world, we all know that he made his debut months to early. In my mind I thought that this would be a week that I would feel sorry for myself wanting to dig a big pit of despair and put myself in it. I would like to report that I am pleasantly surprised at the overwhelming peace I feel. My mind has frequently thought of what could have been this week but at the same time an indescribable feeling of "I am ok" is very prevalent. This leads me to the thankful part....I truly believe that a loving Heavenly Father knows what we need and gives us blessings of comfort and peace during some of our hardest trials.
At Jesse's graveside service I wrote down some thoughts from the feelings Rand and I were experiencing at the time. I feel like sharing a few of the paragraphs because for me it is a testimony of what I believe.
Life is anticipation, sometimes we think we know what the end result will be just to have everything change in the blink of an eye. Life presents happiness, sorrow, trials and exceptional joy, it is in dealing with each of these emotions and circumstances that our lives our shaped and molded. This is how Jesse has taken part in molding ours….
Because little Jesse lived only for a few short days we were not able to experience and learn of his personality, we did not hear his laugh or help him take his first step we did not have the opportunity to create memories with him that we could now stop to remember. We only had dreams of how he would be a part of our lives how he would join his two brothers in bringing laughter, noise and happiness into our home. Rand dreamed of a perfect foursome for golf and Shemri dreamed of three boys around the table joking and planning for futures. Change is what is consistent and now as our dreams have been altered for our little boy we change our thoughts to a more eternal perspective. Our little Jesse is a part of our family, Rand and I have the promise that we will be able to raise our little son conditional to our lives now here on this earth. The gospel has afforded us not only the hope of a reunion with our son but knowledge that we are an eternal family and we will be together again one day.
Rand and I have been on an exceptional crazy journey as we have tried to bring children into this world and in doing so have learned that children are truly a gift from our Heavenly Father. Although the pitter patter of little feet is something we longed to hear, the pitter patter of a tear falling now may seem louder. Instead of the laughter and joy we felt as we learned about the coming of Jesse to our family these feelings might be overshadowed from the grief we now feel at the loss of him. Though times seem so sad now, we know that time is the answer.
It is such a blessing to read about the sadness I felt just a few short months ago and reflect on the calm feeling I now feel. I truly know that time is the answer but more importantly I am just thankful for the peace I have while I endure the time.
21 comments:
Shem,
Oh how my heart broke again after reading your words. You are an inspiration to me. You are a strong women and I hope one day I can be as strong as you. I love you Shem. You and your family will one day be reunited with your precious little boy Jesse. God bless you!
Shem, You and your family are amazing and I am so glad that you are to the I am ok stage.. Its a good one to be in. I love reading your blog and watching your family and how much you love and embrace life.
I haven't looked at anyones blogs in over a month, and yours was the first one I looked at! It was so touching.. I cried so hard. You are so amazing and I am so glad you are my friend. Because of your faith and strength, I have a whole new perspective on my own life. If you need anything, let me know. Love ya!
Wow, what a special blog post. I think about your family all the time and especially these past few weeks because I knew you were due sometime in February. Jesse is so lucky to have you as his family and he is probably smiling above thinking, WOW, I have an awesome family. Hang in there! We love ya!
You are a gem. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I'm grateful that you feel peace from our Savior. Love you.
We love you and your family. Thank you, for I too feel peace that our Father loves us and that our families can be Eternal.
You are wonder woman! I am continuously impressed with your spirit and testimony. This was such a special experience for you to share and I think of you often, especially this past week. I too am glad you feel peace.
I love you. Thanks for your testimony, everyone needs to know of other peoples peace so that we can carry on!
Melinda
Boy- we have come along way from The Village and our adventures there. Who would have thought that all of these things would happen between now and then. I wish we lived closer and could spend some actual time together. We need to talk and catch up soon.
You are an inspiration, and I think the thoughts and feelings you shared have given comfort and perspective to more people than you'll ever know.
Thank you for sharing your very personal thoughts. They resonate and inspire so many of us. And these anniversaries can be so painful but just know you have a large group of fans and supporters who truly care!
What a beautiful post to put it all in perspective. You bring us all strength, Shemri. Thank you for what you have taught me.
There are just some things that you need to hear and that was one of them. Thank you for sharing your testimony and feelings!
Shem we are blessed to have the gospel in our lives. I cannot even begin to imagaine where my life and the life of so many others would be without the gospel and the understanding that we have of eternal families. I know that I am grateful for my eternal family. As you said your day will come that you will be able to hold and raise your sweet little boy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family.
Thank you for sharing this Shemri. You are so amazing!
It's amazing the view that comes from loss...it's so much more, isn't it? It's hard to call it a loss, because you gain so much, if you let the Lord guide you there... from one who knows and feels your heart...thank you for your thoughts....
I have been thinking about you these past few weeks, wondering how you were doing with it being Feburary and all. I am so glad to read the peace that you feel. You are wonderful.
I've been going through a tough time myself lately. Thank you so much for reminding me that I'm not alone. The gospel is truly a gift. Your words are an inspiration to everyone. You're a wonderful person that I admire more than you know. Take care!
That was a beautiful entry! You have such an amazing family and have been such a wonderful friend to me, I am grateful you are part of my life. You are so sweet to bring me dinner and care for me and my family while you were going through your own trials. I am always here if you need me.
I can't tell you how grateful I am for the peace that you feel. Your words are so touching and of course I could not stop sobbing as I read it! You are so strong and your faith and testimony has always and will continue to be an inspiration to me! I am so glad to have someone like you in my life. You truly are amazing! Thanks for all you've done for me!
HOW DO YOU DO IT SHEM? YOU ARE SIMPLE THE BEST! YOU ARE SUCH AN EXAMPLE TO EVERYONE. ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW THE PROMISES WE HAVE IF WE LIVE THE WAY WE ARE TAUGHT. WE NEVER THINK THAT WE WILL NEED TO FALL BACK ON THESE PROMISES BUT THE GREATEST THING, IS TO KNOW THAT WE CAN. WE ARE ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT YOU. YOU AND RAND ARE OUR TRUEST FREINDS. WE LOVE YOU (NOT IN THE SAPPY WAY)!
Post a Comment