Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's Great to be two!

Strange things have been happening around this house lately. A cute little toddler has become a cute little two year old. This is the stage I love... the "terrible twos". I am not kidding... I love the inquisitive little mind of a two year old, the experimenting with everything and sometimes even the tantrums when they are really bad, (you know... the kind that you swore your kid would never do because he would be so well mannered and taught by a loving parent). Well teaching strategies for a two year old little boy are still around ("I think")! I have read the books but when I finally figure out one parenting technique my little guy throws me a curve ball. I do have to admit however that when Jake was two I took life to seriously and would have died from embarrassment if he did anything that was not perfect. This is probably because I thought his tantrums were a direct reflection of me the parent! It had nothing to do with a strong willed, starting to become independent little personality. With Braden I am much more relaxed and I find most things very funny! I was once told "kids are like pancakes the first one is usually a little ruined but the rest turn out ok". So, sorry Jake! But hey I usually eat all the pancakes anyway no matter how they look and you know what? They all taste the same. So Jake will turn out ok!

Back to my two year old....

For those of you who are confused, this is how you know your child is two:

Your living room will probably look like this at least half of the time. Elmo or Diego will be playing in the background and your child will probably be super stressed out every time the train decides to jump the track. This usually leads to the train track being broke up and thrown around the room in pure glee, this creates a whole new game...and when this is over it is time for a must needed sippy cup full of apple juice "please".

Your child is two if he makes a big mess and then decides to take a nap on the only day of the week you have 100 errands to run. Who really wants to wake a sleeping two year old? Wal Mart can wait!
You will know your child is two when you start to realize that the sound of mom in the shower means time to create havoc. I am convinced that telephone rings, shower water and people at the door creates a similar response to Pavlov's dogs but instead of increased saliva it makes the human brain crazy with destructive thoughts. He/She will search out trouble at a rapid rate, ie. pulling the garbage out and anything that can hold water. He will then fill water containers to the brim and laugh hysterically as he acts as a human mop on the kitchen tile. Something like this, "pour large amounts of water out, slide in puddle in my clean clothes"....this will lead to another chance in that big warm bath tub. "Works every time".

A child is bound to be two when they are dressed in an outfit picked out by them and playing is the most important thing in the universe.


When you're two a passed down Buzz Lightyear Costume with a missing hat is as good as new and produces the same smile it did on a little two year old name Jakey five years ago.


Being two means a smile like this..............

Is created by doing this!


I am so happy I have a two year old. Life could be so dull!

9 comments:

Threet family said...

That last picture is AWESOME!

Shelly said...

He is so adorable! Every time I see him I try to get him to talk to me and I am lucky if I even get a smile out of him. He has quite the imagination too.

Ian and Lara said...

We love and miss little Braden! It is great to be 2!

Ian and Lara said...

Oh yeah, and great train track, you must have master engineers at your house too... :)

The Christians said...

He is so stinkin cute. I was way too hard on Jonathan, but he seems to be okay.

Mindi said...

You are hilarious!!! I love that little boy...he is so sweet!

Jamie W said...

He is so darn cute!

Unknown said...

I think that 2 year old is pretty dang cute! Even when you want to shake them you end up laughing because it is too funny!

Riss said...

I am hoping my 2 year old becomes more reasonable as a 3 year old. I will be so jealous if that picture of Braden on the potty indicates that the training is going better for you than for me. Abbie took her clothes off at our Super Bowl party and peed on the floor. That is the closest I've come to training her. I think she must be a Colts fan :)