Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's official!

Legally, this gorgeous little gal is ours!    
Wednesday -  November 10, 2010


And I think she is thrilled about it!

I remember going to court to legalize Braden's adoption I remember 6 months seeming like it took forever to go by.  This 6 months flew by and we were elated when the big day finally arrived.
The morning started early seeing as we had to be at the courthouse at 8:30 UT time which meant an early 7:30 for us.   The new courthouse in St. George is huge and it reminds me of the building in the movie Ghostbusters.  Upon arrival Braden looked up and said, "that building is huge, huge and big!  This immediately triggered a mental note to take my children out of Mesquite more often, there is a world full of big buildings outside of Mesquite and my children must see them.  They need to know there is more to a town than  "The Wal Marts" and "The Mesquite Rec Center".

This Adoption herring was very different from Braden's in that the Judge was such a jovial kind of guy! Braden's judge was all business and no smiles.  Layla's judge joked and teased with the kids, he made Rand swear under oath that he would pay for prom dresses and then asked if we had formed a significant bond with Layla.  This is the part where I lost it.  Through my tears we informed that yes, we had formed a very significant bond with our Miss Layla!   He asked many questions to Rand and then asked me if what Rand said was true.  I simply stated "yes, he is stating the truth".  The judge proceeded to tell the court reporter to take note that under oath the wife agreed with the husband.  (Funny guy)!  

All of the wonderful people who helped us!  Social Workers, Lawyers and Judge!
\

Brooke joined us for the big day!  Thanks Brooke!

Grandma and Grandpa were also there to cheer Miss Layla on!


This picture represents 11 years of trying to form our family! 
 How happy I am to know that my family is finally complete!
I am now at the end of this 11 year journey and as I reflect back I realize that I could not have put a more perfect family together.  Sometimes I wish I could have seen the future while we were going through the trials.  If I would have known that I would have received these beautiful children in their own due time including our little angel who lived for such a short time I would not have shed quite as many tears. 
Lesson learned - 
Life is always out of my control but I need to remember that the Lord has a plan for me and He always knew it would work out!  

Thank you to our two beautiful birth moms and their wonderful families,
who helped to make our family complete.  

Introducing (for reals this time)!

Layla Rene Bracken

Could she be any cuter?????  
(You don't have to answer this, I already know the answer!  He He)




10 comments:

Riss said...

Yeah! What a beautiful little family. It is certainly worth the wait!

Melinda said...

Beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys!

Ian and Lara said...

Adorable! Love the yellow!

Jamie W said...

Love this post! Yes, she is the cutest thing ever and your family is fabulous.

Shelly said...

I love her!! I love your whole family!! Congratulations! You deserve the perfect family!!!!! I am so glad you have stayed so strong through all your trials! You are a an amazing person, Shemri!!!!

Jared & Shannon said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys, and you have such a gorgeous family. You are such an amazing, strong person.

Mindi said...

What a beautiful post! I called you the day it was "complete" but didn't get a hold of you, so I was glad to read that everything went so well! We love miss Layla...especially Madelyn! Congrats!

Paul, ShaRee & Kids said...

Note to self: Do not read Shem's blog at work. It is very hard to justify crying at my desk. :) We are so happy for you. Layla's dress is so cute!

Heather said...

Congratulations Shemri. What a beautiful family you have.

Julie said...

Why is it that all your posts make me cry? What a great day. So happy for you guys!