Well this sounds all fine and dandy but apparently my family is exempt from this reverent atmosphere, our family has found purpose in being loud, obnoxious and deviant!
Do you think we still receive the promised blessings of a family night if my family is out of control.
To answer my own question, I say yes! Let me give you an example.
Jake had the lesson Monday night and all he wanted to do was make a mess with the blankets in the living room, all Braden wanted to do was turn off all the lights and use a flashlight and Rand, well Rand, had just received his new Verizon I Phone in the mail and he was in the room physically but far, far away mentally. .
Me, being the calm, collected, never short tempered, peaceful woman that I am threw a gigantic fit. I am sure my yelling didn't deter the peaceful spirit in our home as I came unglued that nobody even wanted to participate in family night and I showed my frustration by quietly stomping out of the room. A short time later I was called back into the living room to have a beautiful lesson given by Jake with ideas contributed from all of the other men in the room.
The "blanket huts" quickly became a Jaradite Barge for each child and the lights remained off to stay true to the story in the scriptures. You know, the barges were dark except for the glowing rocks. (The light on Rand's I Phone created such a calming glow and this satisfied BMan's flashlight fettish as well). The lesson was lovely and I learned that I must never underestimate the power of men throwing things together at the last minute in an unorganized fashion!
We made it through family night one more week, we even ended with a song.... Miss Layla's choice!
My favorite thing about our closing song is the lovely last words given by Braden!
Potty humor at it's best! You gotta love it!
5 comments:
This is great! Can I hire you to write my blog for me?! Everything you write is so classic. I love it all.
I'm sorry but I love the video-so funny.
The beginning sounded like one of our family nights! LOL
Sounds like our FHEs. Every week at least one of us storms out too!
Tell Rand he's got that wave down!
Love it!
Sounds familiar! Even the potty talk! And I NEVER get upset and storm out. Ha Ha:) Keep it up. I am told that it gets better.
Post a Comment