Is it true that my Jakey goes into 3rd Grade this year?
My sister Brooke brought to my attention that Jake is 9 now and that I probably won't even have him for nine more years to raise. How does that happen, how do some days feel like they go on forever and a year goes by like a day? They say you never stop raising your child but I have a strange feeling that in the next nine years I am going to place 3rd or 4th when competing for the "most important" title! Things like, hobbies, friends and girls are sure to pass me up on the "coolness scale"!
When Jake started his 1st day of Preschool he was ready, but he was hesitant to say goodbye!
Then came kindergarten and he was ready to jump in with both feet - well at least until the bell rang he was ready!
( I seriously can't find one picture of the 1st day of Kindergarten - maybe because it was such a big event and I forgot the camera).
1st Grade - I still got to walk him in his classroom and he was excited for me to meet his teacher. We even got the invitation to play with him on the playground until the bell rang.
2nd Grade Jake started to acquire attitude!
We walked him to the classroom but were informed that we were not really wanted on the playground. (He did it in a loving way but the fact remained....playground was off limits. We went anyway, all the other moms did too!)
Braden begged to be in the picture and Jake relented, but he didn't embrace it like he did in 1st grade!
3rd Grade - Jake said we were not needed at all and asked to ride the bus.
I told him that was a great idea and he could ride it on the 2nd day. I then packed him up in the car with two other kiddos, headed to his classroom - warned his teacher what she was in store for and even took pictures of his friends on the playground. Jake was not happy and made me "pinky swear" I would not hug him, kiss him or tell him that "I love him". So I was quiet! I am happy that he is independent and confident but at the same time I miss the little guy who talked my ear off and wanted to hold my hand!
Here he is in all his 3rd Grade Glory!
As much as he and Brady Bug get along and love one another, there were no pics with little brother this year. In Jake's words, "Mom sometimes you just want your own picture". Won't he be surprised to see that even though their was no little brother to bug him in the picture a curly topped little sister was lurking around in the background. Oh Jake, give it up, you will never win!
Mrs. Andrus - 3rd Grade
On to the BMAN!
When Jake went to Kindergarten, Braden spent the rest of the day posing on rocks and saying "cheese". Oh I miss those chubby little cheeks.
The next year was his turn and he "officially" had his 1st real day of preschool picture.
(Little does he know he will have 3 yrs of preschool pictures, you gotta love September birthdays).
The cutest little 3 yr old around!
4 yr old Preschool - Oh so handsome!
(Does anyone see Miss Layla in this picture?)
She provides more entertainment than a Where's Waldo book!
Braden has two preschool teachers - Miss Christy and Miss Janiece. We need to get a picture with Miss Janiece we love her too!
Preschool - He get's to spend two hours on Tuesday's and Thursday's with Miss Christy and he thinks she is great!

While the boys are away Miss Layla get's mom all to herself.



1 comment:
Cute kids, I even think they are growing up a little too fast and they are not even mine. I still think of Jake as 3 or 4 sometimes. EEE I sure love them all.
Post a Comment