Our family likes to go, go and go.
Weekends usually mean that we are off and running and we like it that way. I must admit that having football every weekend we are a bit more trapped and the fact that our family has grown has not made us any faster but,.............we still find time to gather the kiddos and head off into the sunset.
So with limited time we take "quick trips".
What in the world do you do on a "quick trip"?
Attend a baby shower for a darling cousin of course! I packed the kids up and headed up North to Bountiful, I dropped Rand off at some game in Provo (BYU vs UTAH something or other, I heard the "U" beat the pants off BYU but I don't really follow football) so......... back to the shower. I had so much fun visiting with all my cousins (we just don't get to see each other any more). I also got to meet my cousins infamous dog named Layla. Seriously, there is a song about a dog named, "Jake" and my cousins dog is this enormous canine named, "Layla" and if any of you know about a dog named Braden just don't tell me about it.
What else can you do?
Stop to visit your dad in Payson ( Pictures with dad are always few and far between, the kids are usually so excited to see him that we all run in and the camera never makes it out of the car.
Next stop visit a brother or two?
So here is a cute picture of my brother Brad and his darling little man, Jett!
Quick trips should always involve a visit with these two.
Question, what do you get when you cross a nice, news watching, democrat, atheist with a charming, sweet loving talented lady? Lots of interesting conversation with a great big hug at the beginning and one at the end. I love my grandparents and the back porch where we have all been sitting and listening for years.
Quick Trips must involve a Nana, it's an absolute must in our book!
If there is a Nana a park will be involved as well!
So will cousins!
Last but not least...................
Quick trips mean weekends out to the cabin where kids can be adventurous and parents can sit on camp chairs eating unlimited amounts of chocolate. Somewhere I learned that calories never matter in the mountains, I think it is Gospel Truth!
A Quick excursion must be a learning opportunity as well.
We learned that driving down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, you might be held up by traffic. You know, a helicopter or an ambulance.... Your husband may even be called on to save a life and there you will sit in your truck with binoculars thinking wow, my husband really saves lives. What an interesting "quick trip" this day ended up to be.
1 comment:
The last picture with the helicopter and saving a life sounds like a good story. You'll have to include it sometime.
Post a Comment