Wednesday, October 5, 2011

She's..............


30 (or somewhere close to it)!
September is birthday month for us and now it's my turn.  I have never done a birthday post for me but this year turning 30 has really thrown me for a loop!  I am facing what some people would call an identity crisis.  Let me explain...............

In my mind, I look like this!  (I always wanted to look like her but never wanted to date "Ronald").  Who knew that he would grow up to me McDreamy and I would have been ok with that!)



Now that I am older I am starting to resemble something like this!
"The Poster Child for Susie Homemaker Laundry Organization"


I use to drive something sporty like this,


Then I moved on to something with more room like this,



Before you knew it I had 3 kids and I now drive this!

I married this guy who had free time like this!

And then came this and this,



And then finally this,

And now he is facing his own identity crisis because he wants to be this,



And now we have a family picture that looks like this,
(Guy with the Wyoming mustache, "who are you"?)


Lesson learned, when you have a birthday just embrace the age you are!
I love being 30, (he he he)

Hey I am ok with any age as long as my friends will warn me before I start turning into this,


Or a woman that would ever wear this,


Cheers for loving the age you are!





5 comments:

Jamie W said...

hilarious post! You look GORGEOUS in your family pic!!

Elizabeth said...

Oooh mom jeans! They are so stylish though....

Deana Hunt said...

Brandon tried a similar look to the "Wyoming man" at one point. It lasted all of 30 minutes. Your family picture looks great and I can't imagine you will ever need to wear mom jeans. You are one of the most stylish mom's I know.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Shemri!

Castina said...

You are so funny. Happy Birthday! I had my crisis when I turned 37. Now I am with you "embrace your age!" You're only as old as you feel right! ;)