Sunday, April 14, 2013

For Brooke!

It's a shame I haven't been blogging about the house as it is being built but.......

I really have no excuse and Brooke has now guilted me into it! (Joking) 
 I have been meaning to post for a while now so that when our kids read our journal they will see how the house they live in was built.  

(It has been quite a process doing this as our own contractors but Rand has done quite well and I am learning to become a little bit more assertive).

So it started like this..........

This part was really exciting!  

This part was a bit scary to watch go up and our trusses were so wide they had to wait at the port of entry for over two hours just to get permission for them to come through the gorge.  

-Progress -









Finally some inside progress!




Upstairs Kitchenette 


Future Kids Office


This may end up being my kitchen one day!  
(the arch needs to be rocked and the cupboards are missing their fronts  (they are going to be cream,   a hood will somewhere fit in the middle of all that and the hidden pantry that looks like a scary dark tunnel right now will be "hidden")!


Stucco Color and Rock
(the columns look much better rocked)


There you go!  And in a couple of weeks when you get down here it just may be done!!
Cross our fingers!

1 comment:

The Christians said...

Thank You! So excited to see you and go on a tour soon.