In March Rand had a medical conference in the Dominican Republic and so I tagged along and made it a vacation.
Rand + Shemri - Kids = A nice equation
I would have to say this was the weirdest vacation for us ever, let me explain.........
1st of all vacations for us never mean relaxation, we are movers and shakers and we like to go, go, go!
With all the crazy that has been our life lately we did a lot of relaxing and we were kind of good at it.
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to do nothing for to long, but it was nice for a week.
We arrived in the Dominican after a red eye flight and note to self...never forget one of those pillow around the head things that look weird but make perfect sense.
Because this vacation is a picture throw up party let's keep the wordiness at minimum.
Arriving.........
Weird swan thing with real flowers staring at me when I went to wash my hands, am I on a cruise ship again? I have seen these weird towel creations before.
The walkway to the beach!
The Beach
I have been to many beaches and I have to say this was by far the prettiest one I have ever visited. I truly felt like I was in a postcard or in front of a back drop!
The husband
Relaxing, Relaxing, Relaxing!
This is me in my "postcard picture" reading a book my mom gave me for Christmas.
I will never read a book like this on vacation again, it was about the coal mining disasters in Scofield (close to where I grew up) and I spent one afternoon crying and making Rand listen to me tell about the immigrants that paved the way in Carbon County and how coal mining is a part of who I am.
(Rand says if I am to read again on vacation it must be fiction or romance)!
On the bright side - I got to people watch which just happens to be one of my favorite things in the world.
(I told Rand if we laid on the beach one more day we soon would become the people pictured below.)
Right down to the speedos for Rand!
I wish I had a picture of the 300 lb man wearing a g-string speedo for you to take a look at but it was just a wee bit disturbing.
One day we did take a lovely snorkeling excursion out into the middle of the ocean. Rand was ever so excited to try out his new camera water protector and would stop at nothing to get a few pictures.
And when I say he wanted a few pictures this even means that my pleas for help would be ignored as in this next picture..... (this is me getting ready to drown by a wave all the while trying to untangle my face mask from the back of my head and at the same time clearing my mask so that the stinging mascara that was running into my eye would stop making me blind),
but....
at least Rand has a picture of it.
This is what swam under me while I was snorkeling.
I don't really like sharks, and...........
I don't really like Sting Rays!
(Didn't the croc hunter die from one of these)?
Rand on the other hand loved the snorkeling and found himself above a mess of sharks.
In the video he is counting the sharks under water when he realizes the fact that he is indeed not at Disneyland and these docile sharks really could turn on him and I believe it would not be a pretty sight.
A shallow part of the ocean brought music and fun. My fun came in the form of games and I found myself laughing because of instead of where's Waldo, I played spot the alarming white person!
Then I asked if I could drive the boat!
Back to the hotel and back to our own private beach!
Oh, and my private viewing of the Mesquite Anesthesia swimsuit issue photo shoot.
(They only used one model, but he was sexy)!
And last but not least, the pose!
I hate to say it but part of the fun for me on vacation is to eat and I am not talking in small amounts.
This is why I love all inclusive resorts because I can hop from one restaurant to the next without any money being exchanged. I can sample here and there and smile all the way!
For example....
this food I would never eat but,
I liked saying no thank you sea food, I will hit the dessert bar and never look back!
We ate, we dined, we laughed and we drank a lot of Pepsi. I was scared of the water even though it was filtered. I have had one to many bad experiences in my traveling days.
Rand's sushi heaven, my personal "stinky restaurant"hell!
This is way more up my ally...
Need I say more than chocolate fondue?
Yes I could say more..
like all these dessert beauties
On the flip side, this raw meat that Rand actually tried was never meant to be food, I am almost positive..
We did more than just eat and relax but that is for another blog entry!






No comments:
Post a Comment