
The jolt caused some reflection time, which caused the rambling below!
Let me explain.....Rand my darling husband is a passionate man (in the fact that when something interest him he whole heartily jumps in). Some of his passions in life have varied from the Spanish Language, traveling, pop up trailers, fishing, me, hunting, etc. Right now his passion in life is bow hunting and he is deep in the woods of Wyoming doing just that thing. He has been gone for over a week now and should be traveling to the deep woods of Cache Valley to hunt a moose as we speak. (I am sure I will have lots of stories to tell when I reunite with Grizzly Adams). The reason I am sharing all of this is not that I want a freaky stalker to know my husband is away because he left me with a bodyguard and a really strong neighbor down the street! (You know who you are)! I am simply sharing this because I have been pondering on the fact that I would never want to be a single parent and my heart and compassion goes out to those of you who have that responsibility. This week Jake has been sick, Braden has been recovering from tonsils and this means not a lot of sleep at the Bracken household.
With all that being said I now refer back to my title "Flying 3 yr olds causes reflection"! This morning started early about 4:55 am after a night of occasional sleep and a full agenda for the day. (Not complaining just stating the facts)! Our day started with helping for a minute at Bountiful Baskets and then on to St. George to run some errands, there was a picnic in the park and some underdogs on the swing set and we did it all by 2:00 p.m. Upon returning home without any groceries put away or the fruit and veggies from the morning co-op, I put Layla in the bouncer, Jake cuddled on the couch with a Harry Potter book and Braden watching a show. I was on the floor attempting to make Miss Layla giggle but soon found myself falling into peaceful sleep oblivion. You know something you would fire a babysitter over, or the time when someone knocks at the door and your kids let them in to see you sleeping on the floor while the kids are causing havoc and your kitchen looks like a bomb hit it. Well it happened! How do I know I fell asleep? Let me tell you why....as I was face down dreaming so peacefully I was suddenly jolted to tears as one flying 3 yr old jumped from the top of the couch and onto my lower back. He was hysterically laughing and I tried to remain calm and reassure myself I had not just been shot in the back and would not be paralyzed for the rest of my life. Jake shocked by my tears began to yell at Braden and Layla cooed happily along enjoying the craziness that is her family!
After sending Braden for a nap and calming Jake down I started to reflect upon my life and here I am....posting thoughts for the world to read. A total intrusion of my privacy but I allow it to be out there and read. What an entirely weird concept? I think Braden jolted more than just my back and I would like to share what I have been thinking about.
I had a birthday last week and I have never posted a Happy Birthday to me in the 3 years I have been blogging. But it was my birthday and I am now "middle aged". Middle aged people are allowed to reflect and discover what they have learned in their lives. This is what I have learned so far!
*Although I am an adult I still love the smell of Play Do (it always makes me happy).
*I love garage sales and any kind of sale for that matter. (I find joy in junk, this comes from my Grandma Bardsley).
*I love talk radio - my kids hate it, just like I hated it when my mom used to listen to it!
*I am always going to have a bit of a gut and I think I am ok with it now! I have learned to shop around it, "round" being the more literal part of "around".
*I have learned that I must have bangs for life, they hide wrinkles and I am not Nicole Kidman!
*I have learned that when I thought I was her, I was much younger!
*I know that I am the most organized - unorganized person in the world. I have messes everywhere in places my friends and family can't see (but ask me where something is and I know exactly). This might make me a little schizophrenic.
*I am a list maker! I love lists, I write so many lists and I love crossing them out. Sometimes I add brush my teeth and take a shower to my list, just so I know at the end of the day I will have something crossed off!
*I am the most ambitious lazy person you will ever meet. My ideas are huge, my goals are huge, my dreams and aspirations are huge but when it comes right down to it...... I sometimes just like to surf the Internet or watch America's Got Talent!
*I leave church every Sunday with a goal to become better, to become the person that I was inspired to be as I listened to the lessons at church. This feeling usually leaves me between my nap and the time when I make and devour a pan of Brownies.
*I feel guilty a lot - sometimes the brownies are the source of this guilt but I usually can end the guilt and feel better by eating some ice cream but this lead to the guilt again! Endless cycle.
*In my 30 something years I have learned that I am never in control of anything - There is someone much bigger than me and He know what I need and when.
*I have learned that faith brings peace and peace is necessary for a happy life.
*I think that every life lesson that should be taught to children can be learned from my secret favorite show, "Little House on the Prarie". It comes on at 2:00, Layla likes to eat at 2:00.
*I love to read, don't have a lot of time because I am so busy exercising, cooking, cleaning and achieving a million goals but when I do take 3 days and do nothing but read I love a good Lynne Austin book. (She inspires me!)
*Being 30 something is a weird age, I still think everyone is older than me and then I find out they graduated high school when I was graduated from college, married and working, wondering if Y2K was going to blow up my computer or not!
*I know that I have a great husband and family, this is not something I have learned I just knew it from the beginning and that first hunch remains pretty solid!
*I am 30 something and I have learned that I am pretty much now the person I am going to be with a few tweaks I hope will get tweaked. I am ok with me and I can pick and choose my friends, my family knows my faults and still loves me and I live in Mesquite! (That last part I still can't get a handle on but I have the rest of my 30's to come to terms with it)!
These are just a few of the things I am thinking about as I sit here with my somewhat broken back! I guess I should thank BMan for the jolt.
P.S. Hurry home Rand, I think I am going loony and I have vowed never to blog again without your approval that I am sane!

2 comments:
YOu are sane and I love your ramblings.
I concur - you are the most organized disorganized person I know. I lived with you. I think it was just a few months ago. When I think about those days before we were 30 somethings, it doesn't seem like years, it seems like months. I can't figure out why everyone else is getting older when I'm pretty sure I'm still 27.
Post a Comment